Opening Up An Old Wound: Something I Just Noticed About Harrison's INT Return

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Late in the runback, we all know Fitz is hustling down the sideline and was slowed up by Rolle but caught up to Harrison a split second too late. However, Breaston also had a bead on Harrison and caught Harrison at the same time Fitz did. Had Fitz not been there, Breaston would have blasted Harrison out of bounds at about the 3 yard line but he and Fitz hit Harrison at the same time keeping Harrison upright and in bounds enough to pick up about 2 yards before being dragged down and scoring by the length of a blade of grass. I know, 10 years and I still can't let this go.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But just think instead of the chance we could have our very own Marvin Lewis.....

:eyeroll:

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
It's hard not to dwell on these things that seem like they would have made all the difference. But, as much as I think he shouldn't have scored, one just can't assume the whole second half would have transpired the way that it did if the score was 7 points different. It's safe to say that not everything else would have happened the way that it did so that one play really didn't decide the game.

Had it been the last play of the game rather than the last play of the half it would be a lot different story.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Personally I still think the Steelers winning TD was incomplete.

He had one foot braced above the other, meaning one foot was a couple of inches above the turf and never hit. Thus he only dragged one toe.

One toe = one foot in bounds = incomplete.

Picture below is what his two feet were similarly like. Not quite that much gap, but still a crossed at the ankles and only one toe hit down while the other one was a couple inches off the ground.

You must be registered for see images attach

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Antrelle Rolle getting in Fitz's way on the sidelines was also a killer. Bastard

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
The fact that his knee landed on Fitz's foot was a miracle in and of itself. Our seats were so close to that play that my son even told me before the replay that his knee landed on Larry's foot and so it was a TD.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
To this day, I am bothered anytime I notice my watch or a clock and the time reads 2:37.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Oh, FFS...on my phone a couple of minutes ago:

You must be registered for see images attach

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
There was also a clear block in the back on our player when he was headed to Harrison at around the 15.
I was at the game and we were yelling about the block in the back, but the refs were running down the field and they had no time to survey the field.

I also saw the toes on top of the foot...and we were yelling again, but to no avail.

O well....move on people move on.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To this day, I am bothered anytime I notice my watch or a clock and the time reads 2:37.

How do you think we feel? We had to stop going to road games completely after the Super Bowl (leading with 2:37 on the clock) and the Titans' game at LP Field the following season (leading with 2:37 on the clock)... :|

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
The fact that his knee landed on Fitz's foot was a miracle in and of itself. Our seats were so close to that play that my son even told me before the replay that his knee landed on Larry's foot and so it was a TD.
:mad: Like they needed to be lucky too! No way should they have stealed that game!

10 yrs. later, we're still multiple yrs. out.:(

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
:mad: Like they needed to be lucky too! No way should they have stealed that game!

10 yrs. later, we're still multiple yrs. out.:(

Agreed the only person on the field that could beat us was Santonio Holmes and we had San Francisco covering him not once but all the way down the field.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave