Only one starter below Kyler Murray in new QB rankings

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by Brian in Mesa, Jun 10, 2019.

1. DVontel

DVontel Registered

What is tape going to show that it didn’t week-by-week last year? An obvious regression is expected to happen with a top 5 RB on another team & missing a game-changing WR for at least 8 games. A big one? With a brilliant offensive mind as his HC? Yea, I doubt it.

Krangthebrain likes this.
  2. Solar7

Solar7 Also Skeptical

Of course the goal is always to play to a championship. But how soon is it feasible?

Do you really think Murray's talking himself into this being a championship season? I certainly don't.

3. Solar7

Solar7 Also Skeptical

Week by week you have a very limited amount of time to digest what a team is doing, and build a gameplan against them, especially in a scenario where you might not play them again for another four years or so depending on which divisions you're matched up against.

His division will now have played against him two times each, and I'm sure will spend ample time installing things in the playbook designed to slow him down, and what he does well.

You don't do a new full install of plays going into a game against one guy. You kinda have what you have in your system.

4. PACardsFan

PACardsFan Registered User

Murray can’t control how the defense plays when the game is on the line or if his FG kicker shanks a 30 yarder with no time on the clock. But, this kid’s expectations are to perform at a championship level from the 1st day on the field. Without lofty expectations, you will settle for mediocrity in life.

CardsSunsDbacks likes this.
  5. Solar7

Solar7 Also Skeptical

Haha, or the opposite, your humility and ability to navigate realistic expectations will be noticed.

For example, I have a buddy who continued to lose jobs in his 20s, and I couldn't understand why. He was smart, motivated, and timely. It wasn't until he ended up becoming a coworker of a friend of mine that I found out he walked in to every job pointing out the organizational issues and telling everyone what they should be doing, trying to move ahead faster than he should have, when it was time to just put his head down and work.

Not saying that's Kyler again, but not everyone needs to walk into the office on day 1 setting their sights on the CEO's chair.

6. CardsSunsDbacks

CardsSunsDbacks ASFN Contributor Contributor

The problem wasn't your friend's goals or even expectations, but his approach to trying to get there. If your goal is to be a CEO than you should work your ass off and take every opportunity possible to impress your bosses and do what it takes to move that one step closer to your goal when the opportunity presents itself. Kyler's situation is very different though as his impact towards that lofty goal is in his hands from day 1 as the starting QB. The key is how he handles not meeting the expectation, not lowering the expectations all together. If failing to lead the team to a lot of wins only makes him even more motivated for the next season than I would say there is nothing wrong with his goals/expectations.

7. Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones Has No Time For Love

These x 1000

Stout likes this.
  8. Cardsfaninlouky

Cardsfaninlouky Registered

Spot on lol.

9. Cardsfaninlouky

Cardsfaninlouky Registered

I like the way you're thinking lol.

Krangthebrain likes this.
  10. Krangthebrain

Krangthebrain Captain of Team Murray

Not a Keim move, that was all Arians.

I want my GM to build the roster the coach will use.

daves likes this.