One Really Good Player at Which Position

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Drafting at the rear of R1 you probably don't expect to draft a really great player. But you do hope and expect to get a very good player who would improve your team. Which position could the Cards fill at the end of R1 that would improve our team the most by drafting a good solid player?

I have thought about this mainly considering the positions of DE, DT, DB, OL. I eliminated LB due to our last couple drafts, WR & RB due mainly to value at this spot in draft. My feeling is after this season I feel the biggest jump we could make in improving our team for next year is to be able to stop the run. So I am pretty convinced that DT would be the position that would take our team up a notch in toughness and overall quality.

Last year my fear was at DB where I thought we would suffer the most. It seems our concerns there were over blown. We still need improvement there, especially depth. But we have held our own this season so far. Would love to find another Budda Baker as security in case he goes down or leaves us soon. He is so valuable to us in my opinion, that I can't imagine how much teams would run over us without him.

I would never pass up taking a great OLman, but again at end of R1, it would be hard to separate the remaining R2/3 Olmen from one another. It seems luck plays such a huge part in drafting a OLman without a crystal ball to help.

I have to admit we have had some awesome goal line stands this season. Truly amazing! Maybe that is do to being able to sell out our mid-LBs for the run at the goal liine. I am not sure. Anyways, I am going to hope, first and foremost, that there is a really good big and stout run stopping DT available to us at end of R1. Someone who can change us into a team known for being hard to run on, not just at the goal line, but all over the field for 4 quarters.

Which position do you think we could fill at end of R1 that could improve our team the most, possibly taking us up to the next level?

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
DT or RT....maybe OG....

Actually... it might be a great spot to draft Hudsons replacement....

So much depends on who is available in the draft.... but I would almost certainly go with a big man...

However if we lose Kirk and Green....

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A lot depends on free agency and who’s available.
Logic says a replacement for CJ and a center to groom under Hudson.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Either the best available edge rusher or 3-4 d-lineman for me. Keep building the front seven.

I probably go O-line in round two.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You also don’t draft run-stopping DTs in the 1st round. In 2021(or soon to be 2022 at least). Bad value.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson