One Quote Worries Me

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This is a version an old adage that has been used by professional athletes for decades. I'm not sure why Kyler saying it makes it any different.

Also, no offense, but if you don't think these guys hear some truly vile, racist and, yes, extremely hateful comments on a daily basis, you might be out of touch with social media these days.

Here is an article about the incident that happened with Budda a couple years ago.

Here is an article about Deebo from the spring

Here is an article about a study done about increasing abuse toward athletes on social media

And yet another about an incident a year ago

These aren't outliers. This stuff happens to them every day.

Also, it's not an issue of this generation being too sensitive. Previous generations never had to deal with this level of hatred thrown at them personally. Celebrities obviously get paid an obscene amount of money to take heat from the public, but I imagine getting death threats against your family has to wear on you no matter how much you are getting paid.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Less worried if this quote than than Keim and Kliff had to go talk to Kyler’s parents at the start of the offseason to tell them what Kyler needs to work on.

I hope I heard that part wrong.

Maybe Kyler will start living here full-time now that he’s the face of the franchise and everything.

That's not what I heard at all.

Keim said "to discuss expectations". I took that to mean expectations regarding the contract and Kyler's future.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I only heard when he said they went to Texas to meet and speak with his parents/family. I don't recall anything about telling them was KM needs to work on. They just said it was a good meeting.
What NFL GM needs to go talk to a star QB's mommy and daddy? This is very unusual, even if daddy is his trainer. Which is worrying enough in and of itself.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Harry, how many quotes didn't worry you? Or how many did you like? Just curious.
One worried, like that he’s signed. I don’t expect to see big changes from Murray, but hopefully some growth.

Last edited:

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is too much reading into the word hate, it is not the same as it used to be and the context of this is fine.

However what @kerouac9 just mentioned about keim going to kylers parents, yeah, much bigger concern.

I did see kyler has like 10milli in workout bonuses in his contract so hopefully that means he is here a lot more now and learning from our coaches instead of only working out in texas.

Reaction score
This is a version an old adage that has been used by professional athletes for decades. I'm not sure why Kyler saying it makes it any different.

Also, no offense, but if you don't think these guys hear some truly vile, racist and, yes, extremely hateful comments on a daily basis, you might be out of touch with social media these days.
. . .
These aren't outliers. This stuff happens to them every day.

Also, it's not an issue of this generation being too sensitive. Previous generations never had to deal with this level of hatred thrown at them personally. Celebrities obviously get paid an obscene amount of money to take heat from the public, but I imagine getting death threats against your family has to wear on you no matter how much you are getting paid.
While I agree with what Dayman has said, if a pro athlete doesn't want to subject himself to the crapfest that social media is, how about they stay off social media? It's not hard.

On the other hand, it certainly seems to me that Kyler has been raised by "helicopter parents". It takes longer for children raised in that manner to fully become adults! Hopefully, Kyler gets there; soon!

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
While I agree with what Dayman has said, if a pro athlete doesn't want to subject himself to the crapfest that social media is, how about they stay off social media? It's not hard.

On the other hand, it certainly seems to me that Kyler has been raised by "helicopter parents". It takes longer for children raised in that manner to fully become adults! Hopefully, Kyler gets there; soon!
While you're right. It is hard to know that people are talking about you and to not look to see what they're saying.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Throw interceptions like he did against the Rams, keep running out of bound losing yardage instead of throwing the ball away, pouting on the sidelines when things aren’t going well and keep throwing to the wrong receivers what would he expect?

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe Kyler will start living here full-time now that he’s the face of the franchise and everything.
Right? With as much money as the team is paying you you'd think you could at least pretend to be fully committed to Arizona. Retire in Texas when your playing career is over.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave