One Last Draft Thought

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Neither right now. I'm just trying to manage expectation here/live in the real world.

I have real doubts Rondale Moore gets more targets in 2022 than he did last year -- and the trade for Brown makes it fairly obvious that the Cards don't plan on relying on him more, either. Stings to spend that much draft capital on another gadget player.

I have no idea about McBride, but I don't expect much from any drafted TE -- especially in their rookie seasons. Is McBride a better prospect that Cole Kmet was two years ago? Noah Fant? Neither of those guys did much their rookie seasons to make a difference in the W/L column.
Welp, with hop now missing 6 games there’s targets for EVERYONE!

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Neither right now. I'm just trying to manage expectation here/live in the real world.

I have real doubts Rondale Moore gets more targets in 2022 than he did last year -- and the trade for Brown makes it fairly obvious that the Cards don't plan on relying on him more, either. Stings to spend that much draft capital on another gadget player.

I have no idea about McBride, but I don't expect much from any drafted TE -- especially in their rookie seasons. Is McBride a better prospect that Cole Kmet was two years ago? Noah Fant? Neither of those guys did much their rookie seasons to make a difference in the W/L column.
It does make me wonder about what and when the Cardinals knew about Hopkins. April 14th AJ Green re-signs which is abnormal for a team to sign a vet prior to the draft. On draft 4/28 they trade for Brown when they have Hopkins Moore Ertz and Green on the roster. repots come out that the trade had been loosely agreed upon before draft day. Day 2 they draft the top TE which seems even stranger when you consider they then had Hopkins, Moore, Ertz, Green and Brown.

It seems they were planning/drafting for Hopkins' absence.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It does make me wonder about what and when the Cardinals knew about Hopkins. April 14th AJ Green re-signs which is abnormal for a team to sign a vet prior to the draft. On draft 4/28 they trade for Brown when they have Hopkins Moore Ertz and Green on the roster. repots come out that the trade had been loosely agreed upon before draft day. Day 2 they draft the top TE which seems even stranger when you consider they then had Hopkins, Moore, Ertz, Green and Brown.

It seems they were planning/drafting for Hopkins' absence.
It sure does

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
To K9s point about Moore. It is tough to sell your fans on having a plan when you draft players who are blocked by a player who fills that role (Kirk) and then once that player is removed, you add another player whose role (#2TE using 12 personnel) limits that player.

Maybe they do believe Moore is a gadget player, but then the question is why are you using top 60 draft capital on gadget players?

This is a big concern of mine with Keim. How does the collection of moves fit together toward a multi year plan? And how do you expect to re-sign your talented young players when you wait until after their contract year to get a deal done. Didn't work for Reddick or Kirk or Chase. You can complain about the dollar amount but the Cardinals were the team who chose to make it a "prove it" year.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
To K9s point about Moore. It is tough to sell your fans on having a plan when you draft players who are blocked by a player who fills that role (Kirk) and then once that player is removed, you add another player whose role (#2TE using 12 personnel) limits that player.

Maybe they do believe Moore is a gadget player, but then the question is why are you using top 60 draft capital on gadget players?

This is a big concern of mine with Keim. How does the collection of moves fit together toward a multi year plan? And how do you expect to re-sign your talented young players when you wait until after their contract year to get a deal done. Didn't work for Reddick or Kirk or Chase. You can complain about the dollar amount but the Cardinals were the team who chose to make it a "prove it" year.
I want the Cardinals to get to the point where they manage skill position players like the Steelers do.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I don't see how Brown "blocks" Moore.

Brown can play slot he he plays 70%+ outside. Moore is still going to play slot. If anyone is losing time to Brown it's Green.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

Brown can play slot he he plays 70%+ outside. Moore is still going to play slot. If anyone is losing time to Brown it's Green.
Lol. Okay bro. Brown criminally misused in Baltimore except for where he was lined up on the majority of his snaps.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lol. Okay bro. Brown criminally misused in Baltimore except for where he was lined up on the majority of his snaps.

Well yeah. You seem to be struggling with this concept.

His misuse wasn't in where he lined up or how often he was targeted. It was playing with a QB who can't throw deep and in a system that had him running routes not suitable to his skill set.

His yards before catch per reception only averaged 6.8 last year. Kirk's was 9.8. Green's was 12.4.

For a receiver of Brown's speed he should be 10+.

Have you never watched the Raven's play recently?

I'll tell you who I think Brown can emulate in this offense. Terry McLaurin. Terry has 20lb and a couple of inches on Brown but the routes he runs, the speed, the ball tracking the catches etc are what I think Brown can do.

Last edited:

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

Where do I say Brown blocks Moore? McBride blocks Moore as it forces 12 personnel packages which keep Moore off the field.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Where do I say Brown blocks Moore? McBride blocks Moore as it forces 12 personnel packages which keep Moore off the field.

I don't see us running 12 anymore than the 20% we have done in the past.

Brown, Moore, Green, Ertz, Conner is a more than adequate 11 grouping.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I don't see us running 12 anymore than the 20% we have done in the past.

Brown, Moore, Green, Ertz, Conner is a more than adequate 11 grouping.
So either McBride is a wasted pick because we are only going to run 12 20% or Moore is being limited because we are going to run more 12 w/ McBride on the roster.

Neither are good.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave