Once again Sean Miller has done it again!!!

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sean just got a commitment from another 5-star player, this time from point guard Parker Jackson-Cartwright.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sean just got a commitment from another 5-star player, this time from point guard Parker Jackson-Cartwright.

Not a surprise it's been thought for awhile UCLA gets McLaughlin and UA gets PJC. UCLA wanted both, it was apparent the kids didn't want to play together in college because both want to be the 1.

Now if UCLA doesn't get McLaughlin then PJC to UA is a huge loss, but I've always preferred McLaughlin because PJC is just so small I'm concerned about his defense in college. His size should keep him in school longer, and he's a good get for UA to be sure, but not exactly a surprise.

It is interesting he chose to commit a week before UCLA plays UA, I'm sure that was a message to UCLA.

Good kid I hope he has a terrific career at UA. Unless McLaughlin picks SDSU or Syracuse in which case I hope PJC is a bust. :D

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kid looks talented, but dang - he is a midget.

Reaction score

And here I was excited for Aaron Gordon when I saw the title.

Really nice to already have some recruits for 2014.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I know it's just high school ball, but his assist:turnover is 8:1.

Mark Lyons just got a headache analyzing those numbers.

Great pick up. Ignore the size and focus on his ability to pass and play defense. He'll be like Jason Gardner - the guy you forgot was 5'10" because it didn't matter as he played so well. In addition, PJC will play his first year (or red shirt) while McConnell mans the floor. No pressure for the kid. Win-win situation for the team and PJC.

:cats:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gordon committed today. We're loaded next year and the following.

Pretty impressive get, wonder how Romar feels now from overwhelming leader to not getting the kid.

Miller's got to make the minutes work and keep the kid happy but too much talent is a nice problem to have.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Pretty impressive get, wonder how Romar feels now from overwhelming leader to not getting the kid.

Miller's got to make the minutes work and keep the kid happy but too much talent is a nice problem to have.

Very simple IMO

McConnell (only people close to program know how good this kid really is. Our Aaron Craft)
Bunnies (Potential Pac12 POY next year IMO)
Gordon (One and Done)
Ashley
Tarc

Bench

Jarrett (how crazy to have this guy coming off our bench)
York
Mayes
Chol
Korcheck

Wrap it up :championship:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very simple IMO

McConnell (only people close to program know how good this kid really is. Our Aaron Craft)
Bunnies (Potential Pac12 POY next year IMO)
Gordon (One and Done)
Ashley
Tarc

Bench

Jarrett (how crazy to have this guy coming off our bench)
York
Mayes
Chol
Korcheck

Wrap it up :championship:

you left off Pitts. Are York and Chol coming back haven't heard anything either way but with Gordon coming in wouldn't be surprised to see Chol move on.

Loaded roster.

I saw McConnell last year against UA he's quite good, I think he's what you want in a PG.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
you left off Pitts. Are York and Chol coming back haven't heard anything either way but with Gordon coming in wouldn't be surprised to see Chol move on.

Loaded roster.

I saw McConnell last year against UA he's quite good, I think he's what you want in a PG.

I bet Pitts redshirts unless he is just a dynamite shooter. York said before tourney hes not going anywhere. Chol might be another story.

I think York will be huge off the bench next year. Need shooters.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Jesus I forgot top 20 recruit Jefferson as well.

Maybe minutes are going to be a problem lol

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
York is probably gone. Chol's going to have to RS or transfer is my guess.

RS would actually be good for him since I doubt the 3 freshmen bigs are all there as juniors. So he winds up in the same class as them but maybe only 2 of them are actually still there.

Pitts is pretty good, wouldn't surprise me if he beat out York he's a very good defender. York can't guard anybody that's his issue, Pitts can although he's not as athletic as york.

Going to be fun for Miller to work out all the minutes, too much talent is a nice luxury.

TJ

Reaction score

Agree on Chol. He needs to RS and observe the game from the sidelines. IMO, he has all of the talent in the world, but I sometimes think the game is too fast for him.

Disagree on York. Think he will get more PT next season as long as he continues to work on his defense. This is not Bejarno or Turner where Miller was obviously very down on them. Miller has made an effort to commend York and I feel like he'll be talking with York about how he will be utilized for the upcoming season.

Right now, our depth is ridiculous. This is the deepest team I've seen since I was an undergrad in the early 2000s

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'd totally forgotten about McConnell. That team is redonk.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
York will be back. He is really good friends with TJ. They were saying if York does not get much playing time next year, he will most likely transfer. Also, the Cats will be adding one more player, it will be either Parrom or a transfer who will play immediately due to graduating while only playing three seasons. I really don't think the NCAA will grant Parrom another year, but you never know.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

PGU reporting Jerrett 50/50 turning pro. And if he does apparently Mike Moser might go to UA instead of UW or staying at UNLV.

Moser makes zero sense he'll play much more at UNLV or UW than he would at UA.

Jerrett doesn't want to be the backup 5 and split time with Ashley again, not what he signed up for, weak draft. I wouldn't advise him to go(and I love the kid) but I can see why he thinks it might make sense the way kids think these days. But moser to UA would just not make any sense to me.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ASU guy Karpman is saying he hears Jerrett strongly dislikes playing for Miller.

TJ

Reaction score
Jerrett's HS coach is saying he's staying at UofA. I'm taking a wait-and-see approach, but if he declares, he's at best a 2nd round pick. 25th ranked freshman.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
ASU guy Karpman is saying he hears Jerrett strongly dislikes playing for Miller.

This is the same Karpman who years ago at the Pac-10 tournament wrote a large post on the ASU site that Devils had finally closed the gap on the UofA. The cats then went out and beat ASU by 20+ points.

As for Grant leaving, he isn't.

Jeff Goodman‏@GoodmanCBS49s
Arizona freshman Grant Jerrett's high school coach Eric Cooper to CBSSports. "Grant has no intention of going in the draft at this time."

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose