ON The pick six

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Russ... seriously? You're an all-pro, "MVP caliber" QB. You're standing in your own endzone. And you've been given more than ample time to make a play. I don't give a crap how "confused" the o-line was on the play. Bottom line is that for all of their supposed confusion, Kyler still had enough time to do something, anything...other than throw a high-school pick-6!
which is exactly what I said, he should have seen teh primary read is not open and get rid of it to Rondale.

But that doesn't negate that on a play where we had 6 guys to block 3, they wound up getting a clean hit on Kyler. That's just terrible OL play. And it's worse than that we had FIVE OL's to block Miller and Gaines because Donald never rushed

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The check down would have gained 2 yards max. A defender was screaming down to cover Rondale. Of course that is better than a pick 6.

Yeah I can't see from this clip I can only see Rondale has Floyd beat to the outside I can't see the defender coming there. If he's there maybe he's the one that makes the pick?

But yeah that's the right read there first look not open hit Rondale worst case scenario you punt

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
But that doesn't negate that on a play where we had 6 guys to block 3, they wound up getting a clean hit on Kyler. That's just terrible OL play. And it's worse than that we had FIVE OL's to block Miller and Gaines because Donald never rushed
Sure... our o-line is not good. But bringing that point up on a play when Kyler actually had significant time to make a play, seems quite out of place...

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I can't see from this clip I can only see Rondale has Floyd beat to the outside I can't see the defender coming there. If he's there maybe he's the one that makes the pick?

But yeah that's the right read there first look not open hit Rondale worst case scenario you punt
I could see it from the ESPN 2 feed. I assume they use all of the same camera angles as the normal ABC/ESPN feed.

edit, it does look like the one that intercepted the ball.

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm 100% convinced it was a horse collar.

They definitely were on the wrong end of calls this game (before someone starts, the refs aren't the blame for this loss)

Forwards lateral play that seemed to level.
Horse collar on the pick 6.
AJ Green catch that wasn't even though he caught the ball with two feet down and took another step with both feet meaning 4 feet down but was overturned.
Donald not being ejected after ripping Humphries helmet off and then proceeded to choke him right in front of the refs.

I think the Kirk pass play was correct I think the pass was forward, Conner did everything he could to try and make it look like it wasn't but the ref was looking right at it.

I also thought the Green no catch was a good call I guess mainly I don't know what a "football move" means but it seemed like he didnt' fully have the ball caught when he did that hop. Live I thought catch, first replay catch, then another angle I thought that ball is moving not a catch.

My biggest gripe is the yes Stafford scored because while I know he did, the replay doesn't show the ball. Last year drake same thing in the endzone against I think the Niners end of half 4th down play. He clearly scores you can see where his body is the bal HAS to be in but the refs reviewed and we were told they could not overturn it because the ball was not visible(Pereira said it not the real refs). But they would have scored on us anyways that's just how the game went.

We sucked

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the Kirk pass play was correct I think the pass was forward, Conner did everything he could to try and make it look like it wasn't but the ref was looking right at it.

I also thought the Green no catch was a good call I guess mainly I don't know what a "football move" means but it seemed like he didnt' fully have the ball caught when he did that hop. Live I thought catch, first replay catch, then another angle I thought that ball is moving not a catch.

My biggest gripe is the yes Stafford scored because while I know he did, the replay doesn't show the ball. Last year drake same thing in the endzone against I think the Niners end of half 4th down play. He clearly scores you can see where his body is the bal HAS to be in but the refs reviewed and we were told they could not overturn it because the ball was not visible(Pereira said it not the real refs). But they would have scored on us anyways that's just how the game went.

We sucked
The ref was a bit behind the ball so he didn't have a perfect angle. If the ball went forward, it was by no more than a foot.

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No matter what else happened, chucking the ball blindly into the air while being tackled in the end zone is shockingly moronic. It's Pop Warner stuff. It can only be explained by pire panic.

of course it is we all get that. Just pointing out the comedy of errors on that play was the point of the SI writer.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

We sucked
a 3rd step, an attempt to stiff arm, turning around, etc are all considered football moves.

Agreed on the TD. I was sure he scored, but there wasn't clear visual evidence of it. I didn't even bring up that call because I was convinced that Stafford did actually score but I'm not sure you could overturn the onfield decision.

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sure... our o-line is not good. But bringing that point up on a play when Kyler actually had significant time to make a play, seems quite out of place...

At this point I'm fairly certain you didn't even read the story I posted the entire point of it was as bad a play as that was by Kyler it's indicative of bigger issues on the team. We don't adapt, Kliff's plays are too predictable, and Kyler is holding the ball too long. He goes into great detail explaining the whole thing, and he also points the finger at Kyler.

It's not out of place it's the literal point of HIS story.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
At this point I'm fairly certain you didn't even read the story I posted the entire point of it was as bad a play as that was by Kyler it's indicative of bigger issues on the team. We don't adapt, Kliff's plays are too predictable, and Kyler is holding the ball too long. He goes into great detail explaining the whole thing, and he also points the finger at Kyler.

It's not out of place it's the literal point of HIS story.
:thumbup:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
a 3rd step, an attempt to stiff arm, turning around, etc are all considered football moves.

Agreed on the TD. I was sure he scored, but there wasn't clear visual evidence of it. I didn't even bring up that call because I was convinced that Stafford did actually score but I'm not sure you could overturn the onfield decision.
Except he didn't have the ball secured while making those football moves; it was still moving. The refs seemed to get those calls right. My problem with the refs is that it took them 5-10 minutes PER FREAKING CALL to get it right. Like, they just kept talking and talking over the Green catch. Make a freaking decision and stop dragging out this ish show already! lol

Brian in Mesa

I Want To Believe
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No matter what else happened, chucking the ball blindly into the air while being tackled in the end zone is shockingly moronic. It's Pop Warner stuff. It can only be explained by pure panic.
I didn't see this game but I just watched a clip of this play. A mirror image of what happened in a home game late in the season. Kyler in the end zone and just blindly tossing the ball into the field of play. Very lucky he didn't get a pick-six back then. Not as lucky on this play. Just an absolutely moronic thing to do and something even a high school QB would know NOT to do.