On the new 'assistant' OC

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
The Cardinals do not need an innovative OC mind to join for the pseudo title of OC when Kingsberry is the OC. They do not need some guy who will be combative to run what they choose oppose to him. They need a guy who will mesh with him and actually has a pretty traditional perception with not much ego to give him a foundation with what to innovate ... lastly, he needs coaches on the offensive side which will then also gel with his demeanor while the DC it seems will have full rein of what he envisions

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Yet, basically people keep addressing this potential hire on the basis of the OC actually being the 'OC' calling the plays and not a support assistant ;)

Yep it has been specifically stated that A) They are looking at OCs who have traditional offensive philosophies and B) Kliff will call the plays.

The basic idea is that the Air Raid as an offensive system has never been unleashed on the NFL to this extent and the team is looking for someone who can mold the Air Raid with traditional offenses.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i dont know who is addressing that the new OC will be calling plays. it is pretty clear that the HC will be calling the plays.

Yup I have no idea what posters he’s referring to

OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
Well, I cannot help those who cannot see how some are judging the assistant on the critical level of actually calling plays by the stats and references they keep citing to make a point but carry on

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Is there any rule that even says you have to hire one? I mean if they can't find the right guy, why force a hire on somebody that just gets in the way or is combative or whatever? If they want clipboard boy, then hire clipboard boy and call him that.

OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
Is there any rule that even says you have to hire one? I mean if they can't find the right guy, why force a hire on somebody that just gets in the way or is combative or whatever? If they want clipboard boy, then hire clipboard boy and call him that.

Exactly, why even use the OC title... and they can call him Master of the Universe if he wants if that gets their guy :)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson