On the last 2 plays by Philly

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anybody else wondering if the Cards considered putting D Hop on defense in to go up and get the hail mary?

49ers did it a few times with Rice and I've seen it before I THINK we actually did it once with Fitz when he was younger. There's a risk of course guy gets fooled or guy commits a penalty but the idea is you set him up as FS in the endzone figuring he'll get up higher than anybody else and knock it down or pick it.

I'm not complaining we did NOT do it just curious if I was the only one who considered it as we lined up especially the 4th down play.

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
good idea... I like it unless he thinks he's still a WR and plays under those rules... lets be honest, WR and CB play under different rules.

but then again Defensive PI doesnt really get called on hail marys

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Anybody else wondering if the Cards considered putting D Hop on defense in to go up and get the hail mary?

49ers did it a few times with Rice and I've seen it before I THINK we actually did it once with Fitz when he was younger. There's a risk of course guy gets fooled or guy commits a penalty but the idea is you set him up as FS in the endzone figuring he'll get up higher than anybody else and knock it down or pick it.

I'm not complaining we did NOT do it just curious if I was the only one who considered it as we lined up especially the 4th down play.
It never crossed my mind. Good idea though. Kind of like the "all hands team" for on side kicks.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Nope I didn’t.

But I did find it interesting to see Pat P was really only one of the only defenders in the vicinity of the last 2 Hail Marys that basically had zero interest in getting involved in the scrum or trying to prevent it. Hmmmm

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Nope I didn’t.

But I did find it interesting to see Pat P was really only one of the only defenders in the vicinity of the last 2 Hail Marys that basically had zero interest in getting involved in the scrum or trying to prevent it. Hmmmm
Yeah, his days have to be numbered. He's not Deion, never has been.

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He's good at knocking down errant passes from Kyler so the DB can't get it. We've seen him do that 2 or 3 times. I have alot of respect for WRs that do that.

Bkbobo

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I thought someone on the board said Dhop was out there. I was looking and didn't see him. Glad they did not Hail Murray us.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave