On paper...best Keim draft ever

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
:mrgreen:
FYI:

My HS friend former Devils HC Todd Graham texted me those exact words Friday after we drafted Murray!!! You have to remember he coached against Rosen at UCLA & btw coached at Allen HS years ago & knows Murray well. He luvs the switch & pick of #1 :mrgreen:
Here’s his text lol

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
:mrgreen:
FYI:

My HS friend former Devils HC Todd Graham texted me those exact words Friday after we drafted Murray!!! You have to remember he coached against Rosen at UCLA & btw coached at Allen HS years ago & knows Murray well. He luvs the switch & pick of #1 :mrgreen:

He’s a winner! That’s very 1980’s scouting of you, Todd.

Rosen, Mahomes and Trubisky all hovered around .500 in college and two of them finished top-3 in QBR last year and made the playoffs

Azlen

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
What's sad is trying to determine Keim's previous best draft class. Not a lot of contenders. Gets worse when you realize how they lucked into David Johnson.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
What's sad is trying to determine Keim's previous best draft class. Not a lot of contenders. Gets worse when you realize how they lucked into David Johnson.
Maybe it also shows that BA had a very large impact on Keim's drafting...with all the small school kids and such...

This year may be the 2nd year that's [emoji817] SK!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I don’t think he said anything that bad. I don’t really like Beyoncé either. Or whatever.
That said, you can’t put toothpaste back in the tube.

I know an ex nba player who said there are plenty conservatives white and black in pro locker rooms that don’t express it publicly. It seems like Bosa is more of just a ******* meat head than someone who’s gonna stir it up with teammates.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
He’s a winner! That’s very 1980’s scouting of you, Todd.

Rosen, Mahomes and Trubisky all hovered around .500 in college and two of them finished top-3 in QBR last year and made the playoffs
It’s no biggie. Todd & I grew up in the 80’s lol

All I was trying to do was give a perspective of a Coach that has coached against Rosen & gameplanned him and personally knows Murray & recruited him as well.

Coaches, scouts, GMs & even fans look for different traits & intangibles for players & certain positions & that’s generally what they look for when trying to acquire an athlete.

Our philosophy of “winning” matters is only a piece of that puzzle & isn’t the be all end all, but does play a factor to some extent. They do “keep score” in this league & in sports so it does serve its role.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It’s no biggie. Todd & I grew up in the 80’s lol

All I was trying to do was give a perspective of a Coach that has coached against Rosen & gameplanned him and personally knows Murray & recruited him as well.

Coaches, scouts, GMs & even fans look for different traits & intangibles for players & certain positions & that’s generally what they look for when trying to acquire an athlete.

Our philosophy of “winning” matters is only a piece of that puzzle & isn’t the be all end all, but does play a factor to some extent. They do “keep score” in this league & in sports so it does serve its role.
Thanks for sharing that. Very cool. Todd was old school for sure.. but still neat to see old school guys get on board with the new school ways.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Funny to me that Rs 1-4 went almost exactly like the majority of mocks I did for us over the last month. It kept coming up on the ones I did with Murray as our first pick with the exact players, Murphy always seemed like bpa at 2 with Isabella and Butler switching spots in R3 & 4.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The boat has 5 holes - All O line and you plugged one with silly pudy in the form of a late round pick....but you got a new interior and new paint job on the boat.
It’s still gonna sink
Too many holes

I know you aren’t supposed to reach, but you now have the same level o line as last year...just a new coach and a new qb.
It’s gonna be the same results when the D line is in the backfield after 2 seconds.

This ‘hype’ thread is dumb as every draft seems great after until you really look at it.

Good
Luck but the reality is your boat has at least 3 holes in it going into the water aka the season.

Aaron Donald and Bosa should be a happy campers

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Answering the question of whether mgt felt our offensive problems were due to OL, WR or Rosen..

Question was answered by (1) making Murray the #1 pick and (2) drafting 3 WR's high..

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
This draft is playing well because:

1. No mid round WTF?!? picks. No Chad Williams or Brandon Williams in the 3rd when it seemed better players were there.

2. Seemed to max out value in each pick: Byron Murphy and Hakeem Butler. About the very lowest i saw Murphy rated was 30, with highs in the top 10. Butler was a solid 2nd round pick with the occasional late first round showing.

3. IF Allen and Murphy are ready to contribute, the defense ought to be pretty good.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
He already apologized so everything should be PC.
Right bc that means he’s a changed person and won’t pull that crap again now that he’s been drafted.

I hope he expands his social awareness. But leopard and spots come to mind . . .

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The boat has 5 holes - All O line and you plugged one with silly pudy in the form of a late round pick....but you got a new interior and new paint job on the boat.
It’s still gonna sink
Too many holes

I know you aren’t supposed to reach, but you now have the same level o line as last year...just a new coach and a new qb.
It’s gonna be the same results when the D line is in the backfield after 2 seconds.

This ‘hype’ thread is dumb as every draft seems great after until you really look at it.

Good
Luck but the reality is your boat has at least 3 holes in it going into the water aka the season.

Aaron Donald and Bosa should be a happy campers
Not really. They added olinemen in free agency. And as Krang pointed out, rookie olinemen take time to play. I’m not saying I’m confident in the oline just that your comment that it’s the same oline doesn’t really hold water.

Ohcrap75

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I was extremely harsh about how Keim handled the Rosen situation. But when it comes to the picks made, I have to give him a lot of credit. A lot of high floor, high character guys. That's exactly what I was asking for predraft. Now Mr. Kingsbury, it's your turn!

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Why should he do that? People are entitled to their political views. No one view should be required to be silenced.

I agree but there’s a reason why people generally don’t discuss politics at work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose