On paper...best Keim draft ever

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will be honest...

Just like every ex you wonder what could have been

I will wonder for a long time if adding this much offensive talent would have been enough to get Rosen to that QB 17 range .

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
I will be honest...

Just like every ex you wonder what could have been

I will wonder for a long time if adding this much offensive talent would have been enough to get Rosen to that QB 17 range .

ice cold......... LOL

football karma

Reaction score
i dunno about best ever, but a few key points that stood out to me:

Rd 2: classic best player vs need. I think Byron Murphy is a very high ceiling, high floor kind of player who will play for 10 years with his instincts and ball skills.

Very interested to see how the defense changes when picking on the opposite side of P2 isnt so easy.

I think the o-line choices there were tackles destined to be guards, maybe with their second teams

Rd 4: Great compliment to what you have already -- i have really like Hakeem Butler for while -- and again, the floor is a Jaron Brown, ceiling 2105 Mike Floyd .

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
No I have said repeatedly that Rosen can win with talent. I just didn't trust the team to add that talent

So of course Keim has a good draft after trading him

I think upside is the difference.

Those of us who like Murray, think Murray can be a player who changes the way the QB position is viewed in the NFL.

My brother gave a good comp for Rosen's upside that I hadn't thought about....Andy Dalton...the good Andy Dalton.

One big red flag that I didnt catch for Rosen last year is that he wasn't really a winner in college. A good QB is good for at least 8 or 9 wins in college even if the supporting cast is subpar. Rosen didnt really elevate the Bruins much while he was there. If you think back to Cutler, that was the same red flag he had and he never really shook that in the pros either.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think upside is the difference.

Those of us who like Murray, think Murray can be a player who changes the way the QB position is viewed in the NFL.

My brother gave a good comp for Rosen's upside that I hadn't thought about....Andy Dalton...the good Andy Dalton.

One big red flag that I didnt catch for Rosen last year is that he wasn't really a winner in college. A good QB is good for at least 8 or 9 wins in college even if the supporting cast is subpar. Rosen didnt really elevate the Bruins much while he was there. If you think back to Cutler, that was the same red flag he had and he never really shook that in the pros either.

I said Andy Dalton on Friday

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Rd 2: classic best player vs need. I think Byron Murphy is a very high ceiling, high floor kind of player who will play for 10 years with his instincts and ball skills.

Very interested to see how the defense changes when picking on the opposite side of P2 isnt so easy.

I think the o-line choices there were tackles destined to be guards, maybe with their second teams

Rd 4: Great compliment to what you have already -- i have really like Hakeem Butler for while -- and again, the floor is a Jaron Brown, ceiling 2105 Mike Floyd .

Butlers ceiling is much higher then Michael Floyd. JMO

football karma

Reaction score
No I have said repeatedly that Rosen can win with talent. I just didn't trust the team to add that talent

So of course Keim has a good draft after trading him
it was the with talent, QB 17 is the ceiling

i think that might be right....

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Careful. They would eat their young if they could.

They are NOT happy about drafting a punter in the 4th round.

Meanwhile, we have Andy Lee, who they shipped out for a 7th round draft choice a few years ago to save a few pennies, and went with a rookie who's near the bottom of the league and now gone. HAHAHAHAHAHA

football karma

Reaction score
Butlers ceiling is much higher then Michael Floyd. JMO

i should amend my statement. Floyds 2015 year wasnt as good as i remembered -- 52 / 849 /6

look -- if Butler produces 50+ catches and a 16 yard / rec avg consistently, this is a home run

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

My brother and I were talking about drafting OL and one of things both of us kind of agreed on is that it takes most linemen so many years to be good that it's probably worth just spending free agency money on them.

As far as the tackles go, there were only a few that could step in and place right away.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
This draft cannot be graded. It is basically an entirely new team and front office. Check back in a year

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
:mrgreen:
FYI:

My HS friend former Devils HC Todd Graham texted me those exact words Friday after we drafted Murray!!! You have to remember he coached against Rosen at UCLA & btw coached at Allen HS years ago & knows Murray well. He luvs the switch & pick of #1 :mrgreen:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave