On Murray running

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Well, it's still missing the point of my argument to Krang, I'm trying to show him that guys who had middling years are still top fantasy QBs, so not to use any of Matthew Berry's rankings as gospel. For example, Tom Brady is at 18 in fantasy rankings on ESPN. Does that mean Berry thinks Tom Brady is the 18th best QB in football? No.

But to the rest:

My like 40+ top 2 finishes say "ha" to that, sir.

Anyways, Kyler's not going anywhere before this top 10: http://www.espn.com/fantasy/footbal...tball-2019-updated-ppr-rankings-matthew-berry

And you well know that names like Tom Brady are going to get overdrafted by the person who doesn't understand the concept of rushing pushing up a player's floor, and just knows them better than Kyler who?

I'm in leagues where the QBs don't even start going until the 6th or 7th rounds outside of 1-2 guys, and most teams don't even carry a backup, because it's a waste of a roster spot. Hell, I normally don't.

You arent arguing anything with me. I was posting interesting info on Kyler.

Jesus Christ you are so bent up on arguing that this was a horrible pick. Are you this obsessive on everything???

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
You arent arguing anything with me. I was posting interesting info on Kyler.

Jesus Christ you are so bent up on arguing that this was a horrible pick. Are you this obsessive on everything???
Sorry, I wasn't "arguing." I'm just saying that we shouldn't use fantasy ranks from a rookie summit to really indicate anything.

I'm pretty obsessive about this one, because it's been hard to enjoy the board with the "Kyler Murray is a unicorn" talk. Every thread is devolving into a Kyler discussion, simply because it's very polarizing.

I don't even think I'm captain of the anti-Murray fanclub, I'm just bothered by the sunshine and rainbows on what is probably going to be a 4-win team.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Sorry, I wasn't "arguing." I'm just saying that we shouldn't use fantasy ranks from a rookie summit to really indicate anything.

I'm pretty obsessive about this one, because it's been hard to enjoy the board with the "Kyler Murray is a unicorn" talk. Every thread is devolving into a Kyler discussion, simply because it's very polarizing.

I don't even think I'm captain of the anti-Murray fanclub, I'm just bothered by the sunshine and rainbows on what is probably going to be a 4-win team.

IM NOT INDICATING ANYTHING!!!!

My God are you this obtuse on everything?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
IM NOT INDICATING ANYTHING!!!!

My God are you this obtuse on everything?
So as “Captain of Team Murray,” when you post something about Murray being a top 14 guy and probably too low, I’m supposed to just assume this was all something in a vacuum and not telling us all “I told you so?”

Fine man. I’ll drop this one and say maybe I misread it, but everywhere else you say he’s a unicorn and would be the consensus #1 overall draft pick in history if only he were slightly taller. You’re grasping at straws to try to say everyone thinks he’s the best thing since sliced bread.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
So as “Captain of Team Murray,” when you post something about Murray being a top 14 guy and probably too low, I’m supposed to just assume this was all something in a vacuum and not telling us all “I told you so?”

Fine man. I’ll drop this one and say maybe I misread it, but everywhere else you say he’s a unicorn and would be the consensus #1 overall draft pick in history if only he were slightly taller. You’re grasping at straws to try to say everyone thinks he’s the best thing since sliced bread.

LOL If you paid attention, you would see that I was posting the full part of what @Russ Smith was talking about.

But you missed that...

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Uhhhhh... Kyler might very well be a better season long QB option than those guys? Sure? Plus he's hopefully starting 16 games? But that has nothing to do with him succeeding in winning games for this franchise.

I don't think you really understood my point about Berry's analysis. If this weren't about fantasy football, a game where scoring is bent differently to make scoring among positions balanced out, you wouldn't see Berry mentioning Kyler Murray as a top 15 QB. Even I, with all of my disdain for Kyler, will take him in the late rounds as a low-floor, high upside backup due to the rushing.

I play in like 8 fantasy football leagues a year, and it is wildly different than the real sport.
You are banned from selecting Murray on any of your fantasy teams! :)

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Ha!!! If you’re not the captain you are certainly co- captain.

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, it's still missing the point of my argument to Krang, I'm trying to show him that guys who had middling years are still top fantasy QBs, so not to use any of Matthew Berry's rankings as gospel. For example, Tom Brady is at 18 in fantasy rankings on ESPN. Does that mean Berry thinks Tom Brady is the 18th best QB in football? No.

But to the rest:

My like 40+ top 2 finishes say "ha" to that, sir.

Anyways, Kyler's not going anywhere before this top 10: http://www.espn.com/fantasy/footbal...tball-2019-updated-ppr-rankings-matthew-berry

And you well know that names like Tom Brady are going to get overdrafted by the person who doesn't understand the concept of rushing pushing up a player's floor, and just knows them better than Kyler who?

I'm in leagues where the QBs don't even start going until the 6th or 7th rounds outside of 1-2 guys, and most teams don't even carry a backup, because it's a waste of a roster spot. Hell, I normally don't.

To be clear I don't think that's what Krang was doing and it certainly wasn't what I was doing. My point was Murray said he expected to have MORE than 100 rush attempts in a full year, much more than I said I thought would be ideal

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA