Old vs New NFL

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I should thank someone for questioning my credibility? You want to disagree with my opinion, fine. But you will never EVER see my post something like that to someone. But as long as it's against me I guess it's OK, right?

Come down off the cross and go get a milkshake.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So using your anolgy then if Murray fails to produce quick results then its time to change Coaches and QB again next year?

Yes, that is correct. And I bet you have a problem with that. But this is the only way real progress is ever made, you try things fail, learn from them, and try again till you find something that works.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Yes, that is correct. And I bet you have a problem with that. But this is the only way real progress is ever made, you try things fail, learn from them, and try again till you find something that works.

If Murray flops I have no problem going in another direction again next season.That said I think he gets several seasons to prove himself instead of one.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The Kingsbury hiring was a shock because he was a mediocre college coach at least record wise but I understand the Cards thinking with the QB's he's had under his tutelage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The record KK had (bad season one to which he got fired) is a little misleading. He was recruiting the scraps of Texas basically after Oklahoma, Texas, LSU, Baylor & a host of others got the best players. He never hired a good DC either & he knew nothing about defense, his expertise is calling plays, sure it worked for a while but the scrap players eventually caught up to him more so on defense. There's no telling what kind of season he could've had given the talent on the Oklahoma roster? His offense's still scored points, even during the bad season. SK & MB realized the problems he had at TT with defense & took care of that for him by hiring VJ. They just want him to use his creative mind & give us a high powered offense. I believe we're all going to be excited with what we see this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
The record KK had (bad season one to which he got fired) is a little misleading. He was recruiting the scraps of Texas basically after Oklahoma, Texas, LSU, Baylor & a host of others got the best players. He never hired a good DC either & he knew nothing about defense, his expertise is calling plays, sure it worked for a while but the scrap players eventually caught up to him more so on defense. There's no telling what kind of season he could've had given the talent on the Oklahoma roster? His offense's still scored points, even during the bad season. SK & MB realized the problems he had at TT with defense & took care of that for him by hiring VJ. They just want him to use his creative mind & give us a high powered offense. I believe we're all going to be excited with what we see this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[/QUOTE]

Since nobody in the Big 12 plays defense its like the old AFL games from the 60`s .Just full of gunslinger QBs winning 50-48 games.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Since nobody in the Big 12 plays defense its like the old AFL games from the 60`s .Just full of gunslinger QBs winning 50-48 games.[/QUOTE]
I understand that part & you're right but it does put pressure on good defenses when really talented players are running it. Any good defense will slow down a good offense to a certain extent but eventually the offense will start gaining steam & score points. As long as our defense is good I'll take my chances with this offense & a QB that is elusive. I just hope he doesn't get killed? We upgraded the OL a little but 2 of the 3 have been injury prone so that's a definite concern.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave