Old (M. Night Shyamalan)

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It looks interesting. Two of my favorite M. Night Shyamalan movies are Signs and The Sixth Sense.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Lol. I get why this is scary, but take a step back and think about this, the fear of the movie is . . . getting old. Albeit more quickly than normal, but still as a horror flick? Kinda funny but I suppose apropos for our current state of society.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Lol. I get why this is scary, but take a step back and think about this, the fear of the movie is . . . getting old. Albeit more quickly than normal, but still as a horror flick? Kinda funny but I suppose apropos for our current state of society.
It freaked me out!

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Old

Release Date: July 23, 2021
Studio: Universal Pictures
Director: M. Night Shyamalan
MPAA Rating: PG-13 for strong violence, disturbing images, suggestive content, partial nudity and brief strong language
Screenwriter: M. Night Shyamalan
Genre: Drama | Mystery | Thriller

Starring: Gael García Bernal, Vicky Krieps, Rufus Sewell, Alex Wolff, Thomasin McKenzie,
Abbey Lee, Nikki Amuka-Bird, Ken Leung, Eliza Scanlen, Aaron Pierre, Embeth Davidtz

Plot Summary: A thriller about a family on a tropical holiday who discover that the secluded beach where they are relaxing for a few hours is somehow causing them to age rapidly reducing their entire lives into a single day.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Wasn't scary at all. It was good, but just another great concept and then ending it just to fast or unfinished. Typical Shyamalan ending..

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Someone told me the characters kept narrating the plot ad nauseum, that they lost count of the times characters would say stuff like people seem to be aging fast. Blargh.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Someone told me the characters kept narrating the plot ad nauseum, that they lost count of the times characters would say stuff like people seem to be aging fast. Blargh.
I just watched it and totally this. It was so bad it could of been an SNL skit. Even in high intense situations one of the characters would just start explaining what was going on. It was pretty cringy. The movie was okay… but the dialogue as a whole was just bad.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has this guy done anything since Signs that was worth a squirt of sour owl poop?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has this guy done anything since Signs that was worth a squirt of sour owl poop?

The Visit is a great underrated gem and Split was pretty damn good too.

This... this is a flick you go see really high with your friends when you’re 16 years old and obnoxiously make fun of the movie, while simultaneously making everyone in the theater miserable.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

This... this is a flick you go see really high with your friends when you’re 16 years old and obnoxiously make fun of the movie, while simultaneously making everyone in the theater miserable.

A stoner's Mystery Science Theater 3000? :D

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

The Visit was a fantastic thriller/horror. Probably one of the best of since 2000.

And Split was probably James McAvoy's best performance in his career.

I think both are among the best movies Shyamalan has made. Both are better than Signs, which was too religious oriented for my liking.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have to agree. Visit and especially Split were good. I am also throwing out there Devil since he was one of the writers.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have to agree. Visit and especially Split were good. I am also throwing out there Devil since he was one of the writers.
Yeah. Devil was solid. He just didn’t direct it so I don’t put it with the others.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
A somewhat neat idea, but there isn't much of a film here. It would have been a great story for an episode of the 80's show Creepshow. I think those were 30-40 min.

Pretty boring for a "horror" film.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
Would've been much more enjoyable if it had a better ending. Interesting concept, though. C+