Oklahoma Targeting Kliff Kingsbury for HC Vacancy

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

International Whisperer
Reaction score
I can't believe the taxpayers of these overburdened states would be willing to shell out 10 million dollars per year of taxpayer money to a local college football coach, while highways crumble and schools fall apart and police and firemen do without.

USC is a private school.

Mainstreet

Reaction score
I can't believe the taxpayers of these overburdened states would be willing to shell out 10 million dollars per year of taxpayer money to a local college football coach, while highways crumble and schools fall apart and police and firemen do without.

It's a matter of what is considered most important. I'm guessing football.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's a matter of what is considered most important. I'm guessing football.
Athletics, from what I understand, can not take taxpayer funds directly. There are fees universities charge, which the students and the families bear, often not even fully aware what they are paying for. But, big time schools.... it's all about the boosters really.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Generally the money for these contracts come from boosters and TV money

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LSU gotta have somebody. That'll be some serious cashe too.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I don’t see OK as attractive in the SEC. It hasn’t helped Texas A&M. Going to the East is easier, but maybe he’s seen GA play. This is merely a question of how big the money is. If Kingsbury is all about money; he goes. If not AZ is far more attractive.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t see OK as attractive in the SEC. It hasn’t helped Texas A&M. Going to the East is easier, but maybe he’s seen GA play. This is merely a question of how big the money is. If Kingsbury is all about money; he goes. If not AZ is far more attractive.
A&M has actually recruited much better players than they ever did in the Big 12 or SWC. TV money is huge, stadium now over 100,000 and routinely sold out.
What good did it do Texas to stay in the Big 12? Worse records, embarrassing upsets, routinely outrecruited by A&M.

That said, other than Alabama, it's a bitch to win consistently in the SEC.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
If the cardinals give a good extension he likely stays. College ball is paying some good money though Harry. Whether OK is actually after KK or not is neither here nor there- the NCAA is having an impact on the market…