Ok, I was wrong.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
way to raise the bar with “at least we are not Jacksonville”

We were Jacksonville not all that long ago. This soft team tripped over their peckers the last half of the season. Given how they started the season, every person in this organization should be embarrassed.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Kingsbury needs to go. I think he will end up having a very Norv Turner-esque career at best. Sad. Everything about today was pathetic. Kingsbury and Murray should be utterly ashamed of themselves. Bring back Bowles as HC unless Tampa wins it all and Arians retires and they elevate Bowles.
Norv Turner is a Hof caliber OC.

Kingsbury is at best an OC at a mediocre college program

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I am OK with Kliff for next season if Keim is gone tonight. Most Americans never get the chances Keim is getting just to fail. Team is pathetic on skill and leadership level.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I am OK with Kliff for next season if Keim is gone tonight. Most Americans never get the chances Keim is getting just to fail. Team is pathetic on skill and leadership level.

See:Kingsbury, Kliff

Keim has at least established a championship caliber roster in the past.
KK has had 1 year out of 10+ where he’s won more than he lost.

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Just when I thought the play calling couldn't get any worse - it got worse. Yeah, I know Steveler ws completely unserviceable (how did they wind up in THAT position anyways?) but still, Kliff's choice of plays just continues to make little sense.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If management had any balls (which of course we know they don’t) they would bring in Bowles or Saleh or write a blank check to steal McVay or Shanahan away from their teams. But of course they will sell this idea of great progress bc we went from 5 wins to 8 and ensure mediocrity continues in 2021.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If management had any balls (which of course we know they don’t) they would bring in Bowles or Saleh or write a blank check to steal McVay or Shanahan away from their teams. But of course they will sell this idea of great progress bc we went from 5 wins to 8 and ensure mediocrity continues in 2021.
They know the town. They know most are happy and must be content there is a professional team here. Winning is not part of the contract with the town.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score

Saleh or Bowles is fine, but you can't "steal" coaches away that are under contract. They would have to trade for them, as no amount of money can allow them to leave their contracts behind.

waterboy

Rookie
Reaction score
Kingsbury has failed up his entire career. At least he’s has a cool living room.

Classic example of the "Peter Principle" where a person advances and is successful at the next level. But the next promotion is the one that exposes their limitations. Two in a row for us with Wilks who was horrendously bad and Kingsbury who will benefit from a meek GM and owner. At least Kingsbury is a vast improvement from Wilks. Not saying much and is damning KK with faint praise.

I don't think that an offensive coordinator would help because KK's softness would ultimately doom his efforts and keeping VJ would negate any improvements of the offense. Dang, how hard is it to teach containment on the ends of the defensive line?

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Don’t forget they are the most penalized team in the league. This = an inability of coaches to do their jobs.

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score

Is there any precedent of demoting the head coach to OC and hiring a defensive coach to be head coach?

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Unfortunately no one is going anywhere, including we fans.

I really want to believe I'll stop caring about the Cardinals next season and won't obsess over every matchup etc.. but I know it's not gonna happen. I'll be watching and screaming internally about Kliff once again

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Is there any precedent of demoting the head coach to OC and hiring a defensive coach to be head coach?

I don't want him as OC either. His scheme and play calling has been awful.

pmacLean

Veteran
Reaction score
Loved how the season began ....hated how it ended....Run it back next year
Go Cards

Go Cards .. without Keim, KK and VJ

28 years since i got here..next year is it...more screwing up.and i am gone....i am older and refuse to die still cheering on the kind of crap we saw this year..same old Cards....

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose