Ok. I get it... Thx Goldy!

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
No, really... Thank you Goldy. I know what you're doing here. Coming into this season, you knew the pressure was fully on management to try to figure out a way to lock you up longterm, while somehow dealing with so many others like AJ, Archie, Robbie... even Grienke. But, because you are some sort of overly generous, altruistic freak, you decided to make it a ton easier for the team but removing yourself from the equation. You, being SOOOO you, decided to show the team that you really aren't worth some type of crazy, mega-deal that would've made it impossible for the team to deal with other players. You decided to show the team that the team can win without you - which they have done since opening day this year!
But, c'mon now... I think you've made your point. Enough is enough... Point made. You've accomplished what you wanted to get done. The team now clearly knows that, while you are a tremendous clubhouse guy, a better than average offensive & defensive first basemen, you are not as needed for wins as we all might have thought. You can now feel free to end your stunt and revert back to being the old Goldy. The team can sign you to a 5-6 year extension at roughly 8-10 Million per... and because of your amazing self-sacrifice, they can then more effectively deal with everyone else and ensure the team remains competitive for the long-term! Thanks Goldy! Seriously, Thanks!!! ;)

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I still say that Goldy's problems at the plate could be physical. Specifically, his eyesight. Which affects eye-hand coordination. What could be more important to a hitter?

It takes precision eyesight to determine in a split second what kind of pitch is on its way (speed/type and location) and to hit a round ball coming at 90+ mph with a round bat.

I posted that some time ago, and gave an example of a previous Major Leaguer, who hit in the .290's every season, then went from .247 to .344 (and the batting title) by having his eyes checked. They found and treated dust particles in his eyes and it made the difference.

I've seen Goldy squinting at the plate. Maybe he just needs glasses or contact lenses. And if he is too vain to take action, he has only himself to blame.

Is it just my opinion? No!

Recently, I heard Steve Berthiaume say on the air, "It looks like Goldy is not seeing the ball as well."

I t l o o k s l i k e G o l d y i s n o t s e e i n g t h e b a l l a s w e l l . :shrug:

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
We have been saying this for this year and last year only to be reminded of what his WAR is. Those are great stats but he is not passing the "eye" test, actually watching the games. It is a delicate balance.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
We have been saying this for this year and last year only to be reminded of what his WAR is. Those are great stats but he is not passing the "eye" test, actually watching the games. It is a delicate balance.

He’s not passing the WAR test either.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Mike Trout is #1 and Pollock is #4. The amount separating them is the same between #4 and #25 LOL.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave