Oh yeah, the naysayers...

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The following kind of sums it up:

Oh yeah, their style of play won't work.

They will fail after the first few weeks of the season...

No wait a second, I mean when the schedule gets tougher in Dec/Jan.

Come to think of it they will crash right after the All-Star break. Can't keep up that pace.

Oh wait, they will sputter as the regular season winds down because teams will start playing defense.

No seriously they will have problems in the playoff because they will be playing teams which play tough defense.

Oh, it doesn't matter they won both 30 games home and away. Memphis is a tough series for them because they split the season series and Memphis will play grind basketball.

Okay I know what you are thinking, the next series will be the test...

Get my drift?

Reaction score
...and after the trophy is eventually handed to the Suns it will be...
well, Duncan wasn't 100%
Shaq was still nursing an injury
Houston/Dallas was beat up too much after the 7 game series
It was a year with a low level of competition

I originally thought the Suns will be lucky to make it to the Western Conf. Finals. Now I'm starting to think it's their ball to drop. I think only an injury will stop them now.
When they are clicking, they are just unstoppable!
:cool:

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There are so many people lined up ready to say "I told you so" that nothing short of winning out the rest of the way by big margins would shut them up. Maybe not even then...

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
George O'Brien said:
There are so many people lined up ready to say "I told you so" that nothing short of winning out the rest of the way by big margins would shut them up. Maybe not even then...

What I love this these guys who go back and forth from game to game. I heard a lot of people questioning the Phoenix Suns ability to succeed in the playoffs after Game 2, but by the next game they were acting like they knew all along that the Suns would succeed.

Joe Mama

asudevil83

Reaction score
no matter how well the suns do, anything short of a championship will bring about a slurry of "i told you so's".

the suns could take SA to 7 games where each team wins by less than 5 points. their would a an "i told you so, that the suns need a big man in the middle."

the suns could lose to some eastern conference team, and we'd hear the "i told you so's about them not being able to play defense."

we could lose anywhere and we'd here that the suns style of play isnt fit for the playoffs.

they'll all forget to mention that the suns we're even supposed to make the playoffs this year....and anything short of a championship will be a FAILURE in the minds of a media and warrent an "i told you so".

nothin' but net

All Star
Reaction score
I personally liked hearing Dunleavy on the TNT broadcast comment on who could beat the Suns in the playoffs. He said maybe a healthy Spurs team firing on all cylinders. That is different from comments earlier in the season.

frdbtr

Registered
Reaction score
The Spurs really scare me guys. They have been able to beat the Suns at any type of game, running or grind it out. I think that the suns can beat them in a 7 game series but it will be a tough series. On that note, if the suns get past the WCF's and end up in the Finals, they will beat anyone that the east has to offer. No one in the east can run with the suns in a 7 game series.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
frdbtr said:
The Spurs really scare me guys. They have been able to beat the Suns at any type of game, running or grind it out. I think that the suns can beat them in a 7 game series but it will be a tough series. On that note, if the suns get past the WCF's and end up in the Finals, they will beat anyone that the east has to offer. No one in the east can run with the suns in a 7 game series.

Did you see the game last night between SA and Denver? It was VERY ugly in that 3rd quarter, but the 4th was pretty good. Based on that game, I think we could beat either team. (There were really, really bad calls on both sides last night)

frdbtr

Registered
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
Did you see the game last night between SA and Denver? It was VERY ugly in that 3rd quarter, but the 4th was pretty good. Based on that game, I think we could beat either team. (There were really, really bad calls on both sides last night)

The only games I have been able to watch have been the Miami Dwane Wade's (it isn't the heat any more according to ABC, they just sit there and kiss wade's ass for 2.5 hours) since I don't have TNT. I still think that the Suns can beat San Antonio but Amare is going to have to show up Huge and out play Duncan. If he can do that the rest of the Suns match up well with the rest of the Spurs.

OP
OP
CardNots

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm not sure SA will get past Seattle. Seattle did very well against SA during the season. They have rebounders which will give the Spurs fits.

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I agree that SA looked beatable last night, especially when you consider the Nugget's guards are not much on defense.

BTW, watch one sequence when Duncan never left the paint. Can you imagine if there was a three second rule. :sarcasm: