Offseason News & Rumors

OP
OP
Espo

Espo

Lets Go Suns
Reaction score
The 5th spot is open for battle but it's not cause Batista left. Batista and Claudio Vargas left and were replaced with Doug Davis and Randy Johnson. The 5th spot in the rotation is Enrique Gonzalezs to lose. He was our 5th for most the 2nd half last year and did average at best (although he was a rookie). I expect Juan Cruz to be his biggest challenger with Edgar Gonzalez, Micah Owings, Dustin Nippert, Dana Eveland, and Evan MacLane also all given a shot to make the rotation in ST.

See I think its Edgar Gonzalez's to lose because he is out of options so he has to find himself on the big league roster.

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Assorted news...

Randy Johnson may throw a bullpen session late next week. Jeff DaVanon and Tony Clark are both healthy and will report to camp early. The new batting practice hat will be unveiled once pitchers and catcher report. And lastly, 151 out of 162 regular season Dbacks games will be televised this season, a new record.

http://arizona.diamondbacks.mlb.com...t_id=1798933&vkey=news_ari&fext=.jsp&c_id=ari

HooverDam

Reaction score
. The new batting practice hat will be unveiled once pitchers and catcher report.

Ill bet its red w. the DB snakehead/penis logo.

EDIT: I think I've mentioned this before, but I'm bummed that it looks like they aren't going to be using the grey uniform w/ "Arizona" on the chest, its far and away the best of the new unis in my opinion (the white and red both say "Dbacks" and thus look silly, and the black is just death- looks like the Hot Topic sponsored Diamondbacks)

Last edited:

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
One more thing, Schulte's contract has been extended until the end of the 2011 season.
That's good news for Greg, who is one of the nice guys in the business.

But not good for Jeff Munn, who I believe could become one of baseball's best play-by-play men.

Jeff was very courtious, when he responded to my e-mail comparing him to the young Vin Scully I listened to early in his career.

Thank you for your very kind comments.

Let me tell you first that all of us in the broadcast department are very excited to have Daron Sutton on board. He’s a first rate announcer with a real passion for the game, and I think he’ll be a wonderful addition to our broadcasts.

I haven’t been told officially how my role will change, or if it will change at all. I’m sure once everything is settled it will work out for all of us.

As it stands now, I have a great job. Being involved with the pre and post game shows on radio is a great deal of fun, and working with Greg and Tom is a joy, so all in all, whatever happens, I’ll be fine.

I share your feelings about Vin Scully. I grew up here in Phoenix, and spent many summer nights listening to Vin on Dodger games after they moved west. The comparison is flattering and humbling. I deeply appreciate it.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like Munn and Schutle. Bet you wish Dbax had Hawk Harrelson.

But it on the board! Yes!!!

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Mark Grace will be doing Saturday games for Fox. It looks like Thom won't be doing the Fox Saturday games anymore. This from USA Today.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Mark Grace will be doing Saturday games for Fox. It looks like Thom won't be doing the Fox Saturday games anymore. This from USA Today.
Are you sure? Thom does play-by-play. Gracie does color.

HooverDam

Reaction score
I was downtown today and driving down Jefferson I noticed there was scaffolding and workers near the "Chase Field" sign on the West side of the building that faces "Diamondbacks Way", it looked like they were getting ready to change the sign to the new colors.

OP
OP
Espo

Espo

Lets Go Suns
Reaction score
I was downtown today and driving down Jefferson I noticed there was scaffolding and workers near the "Chase Field" sign on the West side of the building that faces "Diamondbacks Way", it looked like they were getting ready to change the sign to the new colors.

The stadium is gonna look like a giant christmas present with the green roof and the new red logos.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave