Official UFC/MMA Thread

Dude

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

She's absolutely correct. I by no means am an expert in this sport. Even I could tell from her early fights with women with less striking ability that was going to be her downfall. When she first blew this up women fighters were not hitting like they do today. On the rare occasions she got clipped it had an effect on her. she will never be a great striker but it was clear from day one she needed heavy training on boxing defense and enough striking to take the fight to her realm which is grappling.

The media overhyped her. Her coach, herself and everyone around her was drinking the Kool-Aid. I'm actually more interested in her now than I was before. No one could live up to that overhyped superhero BS. Now she can come back and in my opinion really prove something. I would love to see her with great trainers around her. She needs to listen to mom and get a good team.

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Everybody is complaining Nunes only got $200K to Rouseys $3M.

I dont see the problem.

1A. $200K is a nice purse. The only reason there seems to be controversy is when you compare it Rouseys. Stop comparing. $200K is a good payday.

1B. $200K is a nice purse, I will not spend 1 second complaining about $200K when the guys at the bottom of the roster are only making $10K in some instances. Thats criminal. Absolutely abominable. Im so happy theres a fighters union. Dana and the UFC say "Connor and Rousey make millions! See! We pay our fighters!". Thats the top 1 %. I dont know how the bottom card guys survive.

2. Rousey deserves her $3M, compared to Nunes $200K. That is representative of their box office draws. Rousey earned her fame and deserves $3M paydays, despite being an overrated fighter. Nunes should get paid highly due to being champ, but she doesnt deserve $3M purses because she isnt $3M famous yet. Rousey is.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
UFC 207 does over 1 million buys
Ronda Rousey's career may be in jeopardy after her loss to Amanda Nunes on Dec. 30 in Las Vegas, but the idea that her first loss to Holly Holm damaged her drawing power ended up not being the case.

Despite the show being on a Friday night, instead of the more familiar Saturday and the lack of promotion of the show by Rousey, the early estimates are that the show did 1.1 million buys on pay-per-view. The number would be similar to both the Rousey vs. Holly Holm fight, which was her biggest show to date, and also in the same range as the far more heavily promoted Nov. 12 show from Madison Square Garden headlined by Conor McGregor vs. Eddie Alvarez, which was the most loaded lineup in company history.

It was UFC's fifth 1 million-plus buy show of 2016. The only sport in history that had ever had three 1 million buy shows in the same year was boxing, which did it in 1996, during the heyday of Mike Tyson, who fought three times that year, and in 2011.
http://www.mmafighting.com/2017/1/8/14204530/ufc-207-does-over-1-million-buys

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Michael Bisping reveals upcoming surgery and timeline for his return

UFC middleweight champion Michael Bisping will head into surgery within the next couple of weeks to clean up some minor damage to his knee that will delay his next title defense.

Bisping last fought in October 2016 when he earned a unanimous decision victory over Dan Henderson to defend the belt for the first time after knocking out Luke Rockhold at UFC 199 to win title.

http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/michael-bisping-reveals-upcoming-surgery-timeline-return-011917

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Couple things.

1. man Bruce Buffer is so amature hour. Does this bug anyone else he's literally jumping up and down. It's like dude nobody is there to see you your not a star stop trying to make yourself one. However I loved the girl that used to do them for Pride Marrrrrico Shogun Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrua

2. dana offering Floyd 25 million is a joke. That whole interview on the coward show just made me mad. The whole I don't even know who to talk to if I want to deal with Floyd thing. You know who you talk to if you want to do business with Floyd? Floyd that's who. He's always trying to discredit people he doesn't like.

Floyd didn't get to be the richest fighter inn history by accident. You understand the 3 highest grossing PPV in history have Floyds name attached. Hell 4 of the top ten all time involve Floyd.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score