Official UFC/MMA Thread

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Takanori vs Joe lauazon
Nomi got taken to the ground and was just pounded by elbows and fists. Lauzon could've continued to keep on pounding Nomi but he stopped on his own, ref called the match shortly after. Matched lasted 2:37 and one round.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Barboza vs Felder
Barboaza wins by unanimous decision . Highlight of this fight for me is that Felder took a hard kick to the juevos and fought the rest of the fight effectively. No take downs in this fight.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Tate Vs Eye
Tate wins by unanimous decision Tate.Tate looked like the superior fighter, but kudos to Evil eye, she hung in there after taking some big shots from Tate.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ronda Rousey made weight for her match against Vs Nunes. Weighed in at 135 pounds.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Dana White explains Ronda Rousey’s media blackout ahead of her return at UFC 207
“Ronda has given more than anybody. If you look at the amount of press that’s been done by any fighter in the UFC, in UFC history, Ronda smokes everybody by a long shot. This is what she wanted,” White said about Rousey’s media blackout during fight week. “The only thing she cares about is focusing on winning. She’s done a lot of things for this company. I say it all the time about Conor, too, but Ronda’s done a lot of things for us, this is what she wanted so I gave it to her.

http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/...ys-media-blackout-ahead-return-ufc-207-122816

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Johny Hendricks misses weight again ahead of UFC 207
Damon MartinDec 29, 2016 at 2:29p ET
LAS VEGAS — Johny Hendricks long documented struggles to make weight came back to haunt him once again ahead of UFC 207.

The former welterweight champion was one of the final two fighters to step onto the scale at the official weigh-ins on Thursday in Las Vegas.

Hendricks stepped on the scale looking dejected as Nevada State Athletic Commission executive director Bob Bennett shouted out that he weighed 173.5 pounds — two and a half pounds over the welterweight limit at 171 pounds for a non-title fight.
http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/johny-hendricks-misses-weight-ahead-ufc-207-122916

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Dana White and Conor McGregor disagree on his timeline to return
Just weeks after McGregor’s stunning second-round knockout over Eddie Alvarez in November, White stated that he expected the first-ever simultaneous two-division champion in UFC history to be out for the next 10 months.

Apparently, McGregor still hasn’t told that to White directly because he says as far as he’s concerned, the current lightweight champion won’t be returning until deep into 2017.

White doesn’t fault McGregor for taking the time off, but he’s not currently looking to book him for any fights in the near future.

“The last conversation that Conor and I had he was taking 10 months off. I’m not even thinking about Conor. Conor is not in my plans for the next 10 months,” White said on Wednesday.

“We run a business where we make fights. I know who’s available and I know who’s not available. Conor told me ‘I’m not available for 10 months, we’re having a baby, my girl stresses out when I fight and I don’t want to put that on her while she’s pregnant.’ I love it, I respect it, I get it. Do your thing, buddy.”
http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/dana-white-conor-mcgregor-disagree-timeline-return-122816

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Key stats
  • Nunes: 13-4 record (6-1 UFC); making first defense of UFC bantamweight title she won from Miesha Tate at UFC 200

• Nunes: Nine wins by knockout, three by submission

• Nunes: Four-fight win streak dating to March 2015

• Nunes: Ten of 13 wins in first round (five in UFC, tied for most in women's bantamweight division history)

• Nunes: Outlanded opponents 167-78 in significant strikes, according to FightMetric (five fights with fewer than 10 significant strikes absorbed)
  • Rousey: 12-1 record (6-1 UFC); first fight since losing title to Holly Holm in November 2015

• Rousey: Three wins by knockout, nine by submission (all by armbar)

• Rousey: Eleven of 12 wins in first round (five in UFC, tied for most in women's bantamweight division history)

• Rousey: Outlanded by Holm 38-17 in significant strikes (plus-42 in UFC career before Holm fight) according to FightMetric

• Rousey: Only fighter in women's bantamweight division to defend title (Holm and Tate lost in first defense)

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Main card
Amanda Nunes (c) vs. Ronda Rousey -- Cheat Sheet
Women's bantamweight championship

Dominick Cruz (c) vs. Cody Garbrandt -- Cheat Sheet
Bantamweight championship

TJ Dillashaw vs. John Lineker -- Cheat Sheet
Bantamweight

Dong Hyun Kim vs. Tarec Saffiedine
Welterweight

Louis Smolka vs. Ray Borg
Flyweight

(c) indicates defending champion

Prelims
Johny Hendricks vs. Neil Magny -- Cheat Sheet
Welterweight

Mike Pyle vs. Alex Garcia
Welterweight

Antonio Carlos Junior vs. Marvin Vettori
Middleweight

Brandon Thatch vs. Niko Price
Welterweight

Tim Means vs. Alex Oliveira
Welterweight
http://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/...akdowns-analysis-predictions-every-fight-card

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The Sixth Round: What we learned and what’s next after UFC 205: Nunes vs. Rousey

If Ronda stays, Edmond has to go

If Ronda Rousey continues fighting, she needs to find a new coach. There's no way to sugar coat the face that Edmond Tarverdyan has done nothing to make Rousey a better fighter. Every other fighter who has traveled to train with Tarverdyan has suffered a string of losses under his tutelage. If not for Rousey's wins, Tarverdyan's record as a coach in the UFC would resemble a similar mark to the Cleveland Browns in 2016. If Rousey wants to keep going, she needs to seek out a gym like Jackson/Winkeljohn or work under coach Mark Henry in New Jersey or perhaps a top wrestling gym like American Kickboxing Academy. There's little doubt any of those facilities would love to teach Rousey how to fight again.

http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/galler...ufc-207-what-we-learned-and-whats-next-010217
Yup.

Dude

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The Sixth Round: What we learned and what’s next after UFC 205: Nunes vs. Rousey

If Ronda stays, Edmond has to go

If Ronda Rousey continues fighting, she needs to find a new coach. There's no way to sugar coat the face that Edmond Tarverdyan has done nothing to make Rousey a better fighter. Every other fighter who has traveled to train with Tarverdyan has suffered a string of losses under his tutelage. If not for Rousey's wins, Tarverdyan's record as a coach in the UFC would resemble a similar mark to the Cleveland Browns in 2016. If Rousey wants to keep going, she needs to seek out a gym like Jackson/Winkeljohn or work under coach Mark Henry in New Jersey or perhaps a top wrestling gym like American Kickboxing Academy. There's little doubt any of those facilities would love to teach Rousey how to fight again.

http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/galler...ufc-207-what-we-learned-and-whats-next-010217
Yup.

She can't take a punch. Top it off she has no clue how to defined from getting hit by one. I hope she keeps fighting with better training.