Official English Premiere League Thread

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Arsenal beats Real Madrid 1-0 in the Emirates Cup! Nice!

EPL Team: Arsenal

Who else is going to follow the league and who is your team? (Like we don't know already) :)

gr000000vy

I scored against Derby
Reaction score
ok not sure which thread belongs to but here are some pictures from the Everton v Colorado match up..

Everton really out classed the Rapids and I must say it was pretty sad to see the stands really empty for this....

You must be registered for see images

the rest of them can be found here

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Arsenal beats Real Madrid 1-0 in the Emirates Cup! Nice!

EPL Team: Arsenal

Who else is going to follow the league and who is your team? (Like we don't know already) :)

I bought 2 new Arsenal jerseys while I was in London this past weekend...Both the new home and new away. I was a big fan of Bergkamp and so because of that I followed Arsenal for years--not fanatically but whenever I could catch them on TV I sure did.

I've already convinced my wife that for my 40th B-day I get a trip back to London and tickets to 2 EPL games (I'm only 35 now so I have a few years to go).

gr000000vy

I scored against Derby
Reaction score
No love for Craven Cottage and the American side in the EPL? ...sigh.

i root for Fulham to stay up because of Dempsey and EJ, but with McBride, Keller, Carlos all gone they aren't really Fulamerica anymore...

Villa has two americans PLUS an american owner....

cardfaninfl

Demographically significant
Reaction score
Fulham is such an underdog... its hard not to root for them. Back in 2002 (?) it seems FSC had them on every week and I got hooked on them.

Last edited:

English on tour

Eng-gur-land Eng-gur-land
Reaction score
Put this in the Sunderland thread too....

Right lads, 2 days to the big kick off.

how about a season long comp for games played on a sat and sunday??

lets say a point for each correct result winner plus one starred match which gets 3 points. maybe some ASFN dollars for the winner each week and for the overal winner?? (or what ever you want?)

I will kick us off....

Arsenal v West Brom, 12:45 HOME *
Bolton v Stoke, 15:00 DRAW
Everton v Blackburn, 15:00 HOME
Hull v Fulham, 15:00 AWAY
Middlesbrough v Tottenham, 15:00 AWAY
Sunderland v Liverpool, 17:30 AWAY
West Ham v Wigan, 15:00 HOME

Aston Villa v Man City, 15:00 HOME
Chelsea v Portsmouth, 13:30 HOME
Man Utd v Newcastle, 16:00 HOME

EASY EASY EASY

cardfaninfl

Demographically significant
Reaction score
Arsenal v West Brom ------- Arsenal
Bolton v Stoke ------------- Bolton
Everton v Blackburn -------- Everton
Hull v Fulham --------------- Draw
Middlesbrough v Tottenham - Tottenham
Sunderland v Liverpool ------ Liverpool
West Ham v Wigan --------- West Ham
Aston Villa v Man City ------- Draw
Chelsea v Portsmouth ------- Chelsea
ManU v Newcastle ---------- ManU

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Arsenal v West Brom ------- Arsenal
Bolton v Stoke ------------- Bolton
Everton v Blackburn -------- Everton
Hull v Fulham --------------- Draw
Middlesbrough v Tottenham - Tottenham
Sunderland v Liverpool ------ Liverpool
West Ham v Wigan --------- Wigan
Aston Villa v Man City ------- Villa
Chelsea v Portsmouth ------- Chelsea
ManU v Newcastle ---------- Toon Army

gr000000vy

I scored against Derby
Reaction score
Put this in the Sunderland thread too....

Right lads, 2 days to the big kick off.

how about a season long comp for games played on a sat and sunday??

just do this so you wont have to keep track yourself..

just ASFN money to the pot...

Hi,

craig decker (ibsoccer) has invited you to play in a mini-league called andagain.

I Know the Score (IKTS) is the official scores prediction game of the Barclays Premier League that is both easy to play and will keep you and your friends entertained throughout the Barclays Premiership season 2008/09.

Register or log in to the game by visiting http://iknowthescore.premierleague.com/

Once you have logged in, click on the Mini-Leagues link on the right of the page and then enter the code FCEE5-PBB to join the private Mini-League.

Enjoy the game!

Mathew81

Whatever
Reaction score
Arsenal beat WBA 1-0. Nasri looked very good in his first PL game. He scored the only goal and set up a few other chances. Adebayor didn't play well but they got the 3 points.

OP
OP
Chaplin

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Chelsea looked phenomenal in their first game, pounding Portsmouth pretty good. That team looks VERY scary.

Stout

Reaction score
Chelsea looked phenomenal in their first game, pounding Portsmouth pretty good. That team looks VERY scary.

The scary thing is, Portsmouth should be a decent squad.

Arsenal and Man U. both looked very human, as did Liverpool. Sure, injuries played a bit of a part, but they do for all teams. I can see some openings in the upper spots, if other teams can step up into them.

gr000000vy

I scored against Derby
Reaction score

i still think chelsea is a bit too old to compete on all 4 fronts and if they try then they could end up like last season and wearing down and being the bridesmaid like 4 times....

OP
OP
Chaplin

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Frickin Arsenal looked awful against Fulham today. Fulham isn't a great team, but Arsenal's midfield--especially Denilson and Theo Walcott--looked awful. Nasri started playing better in the last part of the 2nd half, but it was too little, too late. Adebayor had NO chances the entire game because our midfield kept giving the ball away. Literally.

OP
OP
Chaplin

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Arsenal finally looked like they should today, beating Newcastle 3-0. It could have been 6-0, but Newcastle's keeper was pretty good. It was an extremely lopsided game in Arsenal's favor.

Stout

Reaction score
Arsenal finally looked like they should today, beating Newcastle 3-0. It could have been 6-0, but Newcastle's keeper was pretty good. It was an extremely lopsided game in Arsenal's favor.

If it had been played a week and a day ago, far different story (but we'd still probably lose). We had another two players go down with injury last week, one of them our starting striker. We had to give up a star midfielder because he ran away for money. A defender stepped into midfield, causing a guy that shouldn't see the pitch to start at defender...yeah, you could see the results. I was expecting to see a tough game, but after this past week, I wasn't surprised to see the massacre. It would have been like playing the Pats last season right after all of our key injuries, with Boldin forcing a trade two days before the game added in. I just hope it doesn't become a trend and that we bring in some help before the transfer window closes.

OP
OP
Chaplin

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
If it had been played a week and a day ago, far different story (but we'd still probably lose). We had another two players go down with injury last week, one of them our starting striker. We had to give up a star midfielder because he ran away for money. A defender stepped into midfield, causing a guy that shouldn't see the pitch to start at defender...yeah, you could see the results. I was expecting to see a tough game, but after this past week, I wasn't surprised to see the massacre. It would have been like playing the Pats last season right after all of our key injuries, with Boldin forcing a trade two days before the game added in. I just hope it doesn't become a trend and that we bring in some help before the transfer window closes.

Your midfield couldn't hold possession at all today. Whether that's just superior skill from Arsenal or lacking skill by your midfield, that was the big difference, especially in the first half.

The start of the 2nd half showed some life from Newcastle, but the strikers (including Owen) were nowhere to be found. I love, love, love Arsenal's defensive back players--Clichy, Toure and Sagna are pretty good. Oh, how I wish the US National Team could play with a defense like that.

Newcastle frankly was overmatched. Fabregas being back definitely helps and Van Persie was all over the place in the 1st half. Adebayor had a bad game, but you could see he was trying to get others involved. Nasri was very solid, but regardless of his goal, I'm still trying to like Denilson and having a tough time, he gives the ball away ALL THE TIME. It wasn't as blatant in this game because Nasri, Eboue and Fabregas were holding possession.