OFFICIAL Brandon Webb Appreciation Thread

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
Wow, what can you say about Brandon Webb. He's now 2nd all time in consecutive scoreless innings pitched!! I've never seen anything like it. I was 5 when Orel got to 59 in a row, but he is just killing opposing batter right now.

Keep it up Webby!!!

Last edited:

yotesfan97

Registered
Reaction score
Webb repeat Cy winner?

What are the chances Webb repeats as CY?
I'm not a big stats guy so I don't know where he stands among the rest of the NL. With his ERA coming down with each start and racking up the complete games he has got be getting consideration.

Who are the contenders and what are his chances?

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
Wow, what can you say about Brandon Webb. He's not 2nd all time in consecutive scoreless innings pitched!! I've never seen anything like it. I was 5 when Orel got to 59 in a row, but he is just killing opposing batter right now.

Keep it up Webby!!!
There were pitchers who got more than that, but he's the second since '69 I think.

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
What are the chances Webb repeats as CY?
I'm not a big stats guy so I don't know where he stands among the rest of the NL. With his ERA coming down with each start and racking up the complete games he has got be getting consideration.

Who are the contenders and what are his chances?

Peavy and Young both have more impressive stats and there are more that are close. It'll take some more of these complete games to catch him up, but getting more wins and reaching the playoffs helps with voting.

OP
OP
Rab

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
Peavy and Young both have more impressive stats and there are more that are close. It'll take some more of these complete games to catch him up, but getting more wins and reaching the playoffs helps with voting.
Yeah, Webb kind of got off to a slow start this season, but he is sure coming on strong. A few more strong outings and he'll be up there with them IMO.

Correction, I was 7 when Orel got was on his tear.

Last edited:

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
People Start to Notice

Webby launched this team into the national spotlight. People are finally starting to notice and/or respect this team. (I am looking at you East Coast Sports Writers)

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
I can't believe you guys are trying to jinx this?!?!

This is like a no-hitter..............

SHUT UP!

Black Jesus

No Talent Ass-Clown
Reaction score
He has thrown pretty well. He threw a five hitter followed by a two hitter tonight. I am very upset because Tucson didn't broadcast the game, but it looked like a great game. I think Webb is the best pitcher in baseball, not just during this streak, but in general.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
By adding a changeup -- a very effective changeup -- to his repetoir, and being back in full control of his sinker, he is outstanding.

He's not doing well because of the numbers. His numbers are doing well because he is now light years ahead of just about every batter he is facing.

Every bit as dominating as RJ was at his best.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
kudos to webb he is pitching awsome latly, and he pitched his way back into the cy young race :) Great pitching webb keep it up and lead us to the playoffs