OP
OP
Cardsfaninlouky

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Didn’t see this posted.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Earl Thomas is gonna want an insane amount of money, I don't think the cardinals can afford him. They only have 39 million left to spend & need players all across the board, cap money should be spent wisely.

HGC

All Star
Reaction score
I think Keim’s just outsmarting everyone as usual. We all know he’s famous for his one year prove it deals.

OP
OP
Cardsfaninlouky

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This isn't me complaining that we haven't done anything yet, because I know it hasn't even started, but you have to be aggressive to have a chance.

The worst of it all is that we're not a very good team, and we have the money... so I start to get increasingly worried that we're going to throw lots of money at guys in the second and third tier of the market.
We only have 39 million left to spend, lots of these FA's are getting huge contracts, money needs to be spent wisely & spread out. C.J Mosley would be the only one i wouldn't mind getting a huge contract, we need an ILB badly.

OP
OP
Cardsfaninlouky

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Building through the draft has never been more important than right now.

Crazy money...when does this bubble burst/how can this be sustainable?
I totally agree man, sign the FA's of need that their position on the field isn't a deep one in the draft. Deep positions in the draft, no need to spend big money on an older player at that position in free agency, save that money & draft one.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Building through the draft has never been more important than right now.

Crazy money...when does this bubble burst/how can this be sustainable?
Rookie slotted deals allowed veterans to get paid more.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
1. Overall revenues continue to rise
2. CAP goes up every year
3. Salaries are simply a % of total revenues and have been fairly bargained

I get it but how sustainable is this? 330m for Bryce Harper and 22m/year for Foles? Just a couple of examples and we will soon be paying someone 100m/year...how is that sustainable?

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I get it but how sustainable is this? 330m for Bryce Harper and 22m/year for Foles? Just a couple of examples and we will soon be paying someone 100m/year...how is that sustainable?

It will start to price the average fan out of watching a game live, it has already moved that way recently.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

It's sustainable because of overall revenues in major sports. When revenues shrink, if they do, salaries will too.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet 1h1 hour ago
One player who should go off the board quickly is #Patriots OT Trent Brown, who reinvented himself as a LT this season and could be among the highest paid at his position. Teams expect him to decide early in the tampering window.

I am concerned as to why the Patriots are letting him go. The Patriots offensive line functioned phenomenally as a unit. One wonders how crucial he was to that unit. They certainly didn’t feel the need to break the bank on him

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am concerned as to why the Patriots are letting him go. The Patriots offensive line functioned phenomenally as a unit. One wonders how crucial he was to that unit. They certainly didn’t feel the need to break the bank on him

they didn't feel the need to break the bank for Chandler Jones... or Wes Welker... or Jaime Collins... and on and on. All guys who were impact makers in their prime... who were let go... and continued to be impact makers on other teams.

It's the patriots way. They know they can fill in holes. Doesn't mean the guys who leave those holes can't play.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
they didn't feel the need to break the bank for Chandler Jones... or Wes Welker... or Jaime Collins... and on and on. All guys who were impact makers in their prime... who were let go... and continued to be impact makers on other teams.

It's the patriots way. They know they can fill in holes. Doesn't mean the guys who leave those holes can't play.

+3...

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
So....

Alford for $6m
Clay for $1.9m
Gilbert for $4.9m
Reed for $1.9m

Doesn’t look so bad at all.

I expect we will throw a ton of money at one FA but those guys above all look like freaking bargains.
Swearinger and Pharoah Cooper should also count with how Keim banged the waiver wire at the end of the season