Official 2019 Free Agency

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Bob McManaman (@azbobbymac)
5/30/19, 3:07 PM
Former Cardinals S Tre Boston on SiriusXM NFL Radio about still being an unsigned free agent despite recent deals given to Lamarcus Joyner and Adrian Amos: "I know I’m worth every dollar those guys are getting paid."

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet)
6/11/19, 7:23 AM
On the 4-year, $36M extension the #Vikings & TE Kyle Rudolph agreed to last night that accomplished his ultimate goal of staying in Minnesota: Rudolph gets $1.625M additional this year added to his $7.625M base, per source. $9M fully guaranteed in all. $16.025 in total guarantes.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Top TEs dont get paid. Offensive Guards make more.
I agree in general, but Kyle Rudolph isn’t a top TE.

TE is a hard position to scout and develop. Lots of failed high picks, including more than a few Cardinals. Once guys enter their prime, their often on their second contracts and again a great value.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
9 mil per year for Kyle Rudolph's production is pretty interesting. It reminds me a bit of the Jermaine Gresham deal. It's a fine value if you plan to use him, but that seems steep for 63.25 catches, 550.25 yards, and 6 TDs over a season. Diggs and Thielan aren't losing touches to this guy and their head coach wants to run the ball more.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
9 mil per year for Kyle Rudolph's production is pretty interesting. It reminds me a bit of the Jermaine Gresham deal. It's a fine value if you plan to use him, but that seems steep for 63.25 catches, 550.25 yards, and 6 TDs over a season. Diggs and Thielan aren't losing touches to this guy and their head coach wants to run the ball more.

I'm not a proponent of paying top TEs because that production is top tight end production outside of a few true studs (Kelce, Gronk, etc).

IMO the Vikings would have been much better served letting Rudolph play out his contract and letting him walk. They'll regret it by next offseason.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I agree in general, but Kyle Rudolph isn’t a top TE.

TE is a hard position to scout and develop. Lots of failed high picks, including more than a few Cardinals. Once guys enter their prime, their often on their second contracts and again a great value.

Rudolph is a really good traditional TE, which as you well know, impact the overall offensive production.

I guess he's not a true top TE, but he isn't too far off when you look at his overall game (receiving and blocking).

Reaction score
Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter)
6/11/19, 10:44 AM
Cameron Jordan’s extension, engineered by Doug Hendrickson of ⁦‪@Wasserman‬⁩ and the Saints‘ VP of football administration Khai Harley, is a three-year, $52.5 million deal with a max of $55.5M that includes over $42 million in guaranteed money, per sources.

Good for Cam. I know his aunt. I'm sure she'll be happy for him.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose