Offensive Line Pre-Camp - R.O.T.B.

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
That looks like an honest assessment of our line. The only upgrade is Justin Pugh. If our LT gets hurt again all we have is Wetzel as a backup. We are very thin at both guard and tackle. Center is the only spot that I feel good about as far as depth with Evan Boehm and Mason Cole. I’m hoping that either Boehm or Cole win the center spot so that we have an upgrade at two positions.

Losing Veldheer was a huge mistake. Hopefully Keim can work his magic and sign another tackle before the season starts.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
This is definitely the season that D.J. Humphries will be healthy for the entire year. No doubt about it. Even though it hasn't happened going back to college.

But still. Definitely 2018.

OP
OP
RugbyMuffin

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
This is definitely the season that D.J. Humphries will be healthy for the entire year. No doubt about it. Even though it hasn't happened going back to college.

But still. Definitely 2018.

#Ibelieve

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
#Ibelieve

It's remarkable that a guy who has ended 2 seasons on IR and another with 0 appearances in uniform is somehow a consensus anchor and future star.

But the PRAVDA at AZCardinals.com is still saying that based on a one-game sample size last year Sam Bradford is a star.

OP
OP
RugbyMuffin

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
It's remarkable that a guy who has ended 2 seasons on IR and another with 0 appearances in uniform is somehow a consensus anchor and future star.

#Istillbelieve

But, kids believe in Santa Claus too. :D

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
That looks like an honest assessment of our line. The only upgrade is Justin Pugh. If our LT gets hurt again all we have is Wetzel as a backup. We are very thin at both guard and tackle. Center is the only spot that I feel good about as far as depth with Evan Boehm and Mason Cole. I’m hoping that either Boehm or Cole win the center spot so that we have an upgrade at two positions.

Losing Veldheer was a huge mistake. Hopefully Keim can work his magic and sign another tackle before the season starts.

Wetzel is a very solid backup. Just like Kerouac had a man crush on Jim Dray, I have a man crush on Wetzel. He is a solid player who belongs in the NFL as a swing backup. Play him for a game or two and he's serviceable with flashes of really good play. Play him longer and he's a liability. That is the nature of most solid OL backups in the NFL. Where his strength lies is in his ability to backup multiple positions across the OL. So I wouldn't say "all we have is Wetzel as a backup", quite a few teams would love to have a backup that can start in a pinch and backs up multiple positions.

I'm not with you on Veldheer, unless you are looking at him as a LT, and even then, his play was starting to slip before he moved over to RT.

I'm hoping the line will be serviceable...that's my mental path to the Cardinals being decent this year.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson