Offensive Line.....How does Keim repeatedly whiff

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Linemen are like QBs in that how you use them and what you surround them with almost as important as their overall skill.

Where we have failed in our offensive line construction IMO is in continuity. Every year we are changing 2 or 3 spots on our offensive line. When players go out we switch multiple people around instead of just plugging that hole. Players do not develop chemistry with the guy next to them because that guy seems to change every year. That is why if I am setting up our line moving forward I am focused on building consistency into it with what I have and then building from there. If I am drafting linemen, I want dudes that like to fight. It should not be a shock that guys like Richie Incognito, Taylor Lewan, Jake Matthews, Jason Kelce, Quenton Nelson, and Travis Frederick work in this league (among others). These are guys that enjoy taking on these beast defensive linemen and enjoy getting punched in the face while doing so. They meet the physical/athletic criteria, but they also have a mindset that you need to block the Aaron Donalds on the NFL.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Linemen are like QBs in that how you use them and what you surround them with almost as important as their overall skill.

Where we have failed in our offensive line construction IMO is in continuity. Every year we are changing 2 or 3 spots on our offensive line. When players go out we switch multiple people around instead of just plugging that hole. Players do not develop chemistry with the guy next to them because that guy seems to change every year. That is why if I am setting up our line moving forward I am focused on building consistency into it with what I have and then building from there. If I am drafting linemen, I want dudes that like to fight. It should not be a shock that guys like Richie Incognito, Taylor Lewan, Jake Matthews, Jason Kelce, Quenton Nelson, and Travis Frederick work in this league (among others). These are guys that enjoy taking on these beast defensive linemen and enjoy getting punched in the face while doing so. They meet the physical/athletic criteria, but they also have a mindset that you need to block the Aaron Donalds on the NFL.

I will take "fighters" on the interior. But for tackles you need athletes like Tyron Smith, Trent Williams, and Lane Johnson but they are really hard to find.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Need an OL? Hire Mike Munchak as head coach and let him pick the groceries for the line not Keim.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
That's doubtful. Bidwill just gave him an extension. No way they are going to eat that money. Keim is still a slightly above average GM. The odds of getting a better one are slim. We would end up with another Graves or the Steve Wilks of GM's.

This franchise is a train wreck both on and off the field. Michael can only tolerate so much. Btw, this has nothing to do with the DUI.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This franchise is a train wreck both on and off the field. Michael can only tolerate so much. Btw, this has nothing to do with the DUI.

you can't keep alluding to this stuff and not give us at least a taste of the rumor PACardsFan!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose