Offense numbers is staggering - but not wins

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Must run more in the nfl than college to win, buy play action time for qb, oline and defense and ST. The run game is still the engine of an nfl offense - never has been proved otherwise - if Kk doesn’t run enough - cards and Murray will provide an exciting, frustrating, side show. These ain’t college defenses in the nfcw - they are demonic.

https://cardswire.usatoday.com/2019...ff-kingsburys-coaching-career-are-staggering/

Passed 69% of the time to under 500 record in college

https://lastwordonprofootball.com/2...y-arizona-cardinals-offense-instant-analysis/

Last Word on Kyler Murray With Kliff Kingsbury
It’s easy to see why the Cardinals selected Kyler Murray despite investing a top-10 pick in Josh Rosen just one season ago. Murray is a perfect fit for Kingsbury’s offense, and these two have the chance to transform Arizona’s offense into one of the most electric units in football.

Murray’s biggest struggle at the next level will be handling constant pressure in his face. He’s never faced an NFL blitz before, and Arizona’s offensive line is not good enough to give Murray clean, consistent pockets. Kingsbury would be wise to run a high percentage of plays with a moving pocket to try and minimize the damage Murray takes. Still, no quarterback is perfect, and the pros far outweigh the cons with Murray.

Last edited:

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Our new speed on offense will command the defenses respect. They no longer are going to be able to just pin their ears back and meet at the qb. That alone will buy Murray more time than Rosen ever had . Add in our rpo’s and things look promising. Much of the success the Rams and Chiefs enjoyed was they jumped ahead of their opponents and turn them into a 1 dimensional offense. I’ve always believed you have to be able to run the ball when you HAVE to run the ball.

Wins will depend a lot on how improved our defense is. Our offense last year wore the defense down. If this offense can keep our defense on the sideline a bit more they will help.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Our new speed on offense will command the defenses respect. They no longer are going to be able to just pin their ears back and meet at the qb. That alone will buy Murray more time than Rosen ever had . Add in our rpo’s and things look promising. Much of the success the Rams and Chiefs enjoyed was they jumped ahead of their opponents and turn them into a 1 dimensional offense. I’ve always believed you have to be able to run the ball when you HAVE to run the ball.

Wins will depend a lot on how improved our defense is. Our offense last year wore the defense down. If this offense can keep our defense on the sideline a bit more they will help.
Yes, very true, but an offense that scores too quickly can also wear a defense down. That being said, I'll roll with scoring the points wearing the defense down all day long rather than the other way lol.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Exactly. Former MVP candidate David Johnson is now barely even talked about. If he can get back to his best form, our offense will be absolutely scary.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The irony is that our rushing yardage will likely increase greatly though it won’t all be traditional rushing yards as a good 30 - 40 or so will likely come from the QB position.

OP
OP
THESMEL

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Doesn’t matter edge, beanie and CJ are never mentioned around Cards success anyhow - by team, players, media or fans. But we don’t go there without them- DJ got some love as a dual threat - the more Murray runs the more risk cards take - cause who’s going to replace his mandatory skill set - but. Do love to watch him run

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Arians passed alot and also went deep alot. But when clicking allowed David Johnson huge holes because the defense was playing pass. If we can spread the field David Johnson will have alot of opportunities to run against 1 on 1 tacklers. It actually is shocking it isnt run more. Spread the field and the RB has less defenders. plus if you use fake hand offs and use DJ as a WR with 4 WRs running wild....it should be exciting.

Cardinal

All Star
Reaction score
One could easily argue that because Kingsburys’ teams were never really good at Tech, they found themselves down a lot in games.

Thus, he couldn’t run the ball as much as he’d like to.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Any which way you look at it, it'll be interesting to see how KK attacks NFL defenses. After the debacle of last year, I need to be entertained. I'm not expecting 13 wins, but there won't be a -200 point differential like last year. Realistically, we should have been winless. Last week, I went back & re-watched the Green Bay game. We never should have won that game. Rosen threw 2-3 passes right into the chest of Packer DB's & they dropped all 3. The Packers were missing 3 starters in their secondary, and we still couldn't throw the ball. Even in the 3 games that we won, we were unwatchable. Wilks may be a decent DC (not even sold on that), but his next HC gig will be at the HS level for his grandkids.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Any which way you look at it, it'll be interesting to see how KK attacks NFL defenses. After the debacle of last year, I need to be entertained. I'm not expecting 13 wins, but there won't be a -200 point differential like last year. Realistically, we should have been winless. Last week, I went back & re-watched the Green Bay game. We never should have won that game. Rosen threw 2-3 passes right into the chest of Packer DB's & they dropped all 3. The Packers were missing 3 starters in their secondary, and we still couldn't throw the ball. Even in the 3 games that we won, we were unwatchable. Wilks may be a decent DC (not even sold on that), but his next HC gig will be at the HS level for his grandkids.
Dude...….why would you punish yourself like that?

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Dude...….why would you punish yourself like that?

After listening to all the anti-Murray whining, I had to go back & reassure myself that I wasn’t blind last year. I wasn’t. No guarantees, but excited for August to roll around!!