Off Topic : Directv & League Pass

scudney

Registered
Reaction score
Ok, I have a question and proposition for those who have Directv.

First, here's my situation. I live in Ontario, Canada, and unfortunately no Cable or Satellite provider offers league pass. In previous years, I've been forced to "steal" Directv signals to get league pass. I put "steal" in quotes, because technically in Canada it is NOT illegal. Anyway, with the new P4/P5 card directv has issued, I can no longer use this method.

So, my question is, for anybody that knows:

Is there any reason why a US citizen who has legally paid for Satellite services can't send one of their cards to Canada, and the card not work? As far as I know, there is no reason why this wouldn't work. But I could be overlooking something.

and if that is possible, well, here is my proposition.

For anyone in the US who has league pass (or willing to order it), who sends me a valid legal card, I'm willing to pay the full price for league pass for them. That means we will both be able to get league pass. I will obviously send the money first. Now, the catch is, to get an extra card to use for another TV in your house, I believe there is an extra monthly fee, something like an extra $5.00 or so. Another fee I will pay.

Also, it will have to be a regular/respected poster on this board, because obviously there's a bit of trust involved here.

If anybody knows the answer to my question, or is interested in my proposition, please let me know either in this thread, or PM.

Thanks

zett

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Each card has a serial number and it is matched to the box, so you would also need to have a box shipped to you, I'm not sure if there are any changes in the equiptment from here vs there, but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA