Off season trade that would put the Cards as a legit SB threat

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
This season looks to be on life support so I was thinking about an off season move that could be very impactful to the Cards next few years.

Think about it, the best Cards teams have had great WR corps. Fitz, Boldin Breaston. Fitz, Floyd, Brown etc.

If I’m Keim, my #1 target would be to trade for Michael Thomas from the Saints. He’s an absolute stud and pairing him with Hopkins would be a nightmare for the opposition.

The saints are going to re-build and Payton/Loomis we’re extremely pissed on how Thomas handled his off season surgery so I’m sure he could be had.
He’s only 28 and has become an afterthought to many. He was about the best in the league 2 years ago.

That’s my dream trade and I’m going to will it into reality.

eastcoastSUN

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Ankle injuries are tough, especially for WRs that rely on agility for quick cuts to separate from the defender. I see Thomas coming back and becoming more of a possession receiver than the dynamic guy he once was. Plus his demeanor and look-at-me attitude wouldn't really fit here.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m pretty over building our team with big paydays for broken down players, much less probably having to also give up draft capital to do so, not even mentioning his me-first attitudes to boot.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I’m pretty over building our team with big paydays for broken down players, much less probably having to also give up draft capital to do so, not even mentioning his me-first attitudes to boot.
This. Trading for another well paid injury riddled player is sheer folly.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave