Of Snap Counts And Grades: Chiefs Game

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, don't look now... Mitch is making a personal effort to defend the play of Sean Harlow on ROTB lol

I looked dammit. He's citing video of plays to claim 65 snaps 61 wins by Harlow. On the td run by Conner he calls it a win. If you watch Harlow is actually stood up right at the point of attack by his man, he gets no push at all. Admittedly he doesn't go backwards either. The reason the play works is that Maxx Williams(!!!) just wiped his man out he not only got push he drove his man to the right into Harlows man so he effectively blocked both guys by himself. Conner went right behind the opening Maxx made and scored.

I did love it when he said the score they gave Harlow is wrong and he's going to contact them and "challenge it." I have no problem with saying you don't agree with PFF or anybody else but his comment was he thinks they overreacted to the 2nd snap of the game and that's why he got such a low score. Again I'm not saying PFF is perfect or anything like that but if you know anything about what they do you know they don't take one really bad play and count it against the entire game performance of the player.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well, don't look now... Mitch is making a personal effort to defend the play of Sean Harlow on ROTB lol
Yes i don't know why
He said he evaluated every single Harlow snaps and he won 61 duel in 65 snaps protecting Murray, he graded him with a B...
I don't know what to add, every time i looked at him he was pushed 5/6 yards back and basically a turnstile
Nobody allowed more pressures then Harlow in the first week
Im not a fan of some of the PFF grades but zero is zero, ineffective, harming the line, i dont see any reason to defend his plays

Last edited:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes i don't know why
He said he evaluated every single Harlow snaps and he won 61 duel in 65 snaps protecting Murray, he graded him with a B...
I don't know what to add, every time i looked at him he was pushed 5/6 yards back and basically a turnstile
Nobody allowed more hurries then Harlow in the first week

I don't subscribe to PFF but they said Harlow allowed 5 pressures on 35 pass blocking attempts. I'm actually surprised it wasn't higher in the first half he was getting shoved back repeatedly as you said.

There's at least 3 plays in the game thread where people are saying Murray should have slid because he couldn't step up and every one of those the reason he should have slid was Harlow got shoved back.

And again he's citing the TD run by Conner as a good block by Harlow all he did was stop his man for a second, Maxx just wiped out his man and drove him into the man Harlow was blocking. That Conner run is a classic example of what a great blocker Maxx is.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose