Oceans 8

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The people responsible for making the film couldn't even keep it straight what kind of film they were making. That's all.

Here is how many articles dealt with the movie as it was in production and even post-production: "upcoming Ghostbusters reboot/remake/reimagining."

This article nails down why longtime fans of the original disliked the idea of anything less than a continuation of the story. Even if a remake was accepted, it is unacceptable to have any original cast members as completely different characters from their original roles (as if they never existed). Meh. That's just ridiculous.

Geeks vs. Ghostbusters: The Most Controversial Remake of the Year

https://vergecampus.com/2016/05/ghostbusters-controversial-remake-2016/

I loved the original. Have watched it dozens of times. I enjoyed the remake.

Why is it unacceptable? IT'S A FRACKING MOVIE.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know, before I answer any more questions there's something I wanted to say. Having received all your letters over the years, and I've spoken to many of you, and some of you have traveled... y'know... hundreds of miles to be here, I'd just like to say... GET A LIFE, will you people? I mean, for crying out loud, it's just a TV show! I mean, look at you, look at the way you're dressed! You've turned an enjoyable little job, that I did as a lark for a few years, into a COLOSSAL WASTE OF TIME!

[ a crowd of shocked and dismayed Trekkies.... ]

I mean, how old are you people? What have you done with yourselves?

[ to "Ears" ] You, you must be almost 30... have you ever kissed a girl?

[ "Ears" hangs his head ]

I didn't think so! There's a whole world out there! When I was your age, I didn't watch television! I LIVED! So... move out of your parent's basements! And get your own apartments and GROW THE HELL UP! I mean, it's just a TV show dammit, IT'S JUST A TV SHOW!

Charlie: Are- are you saying then that we should pay more attention to the movies?

William Shatner: NO!!! THAT'S NOT WHAT I'M SAYING AT ALL!!! HEY, YOU GUYS ARE... THE LAMEST BUNCH... I'VE NEVER SEEN... [ walks away from podium ] I can't believe these people... I mean, I really can't understand what's....

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/trekkies/n9511?snl=1

Reaction score
Don’t be a jerk. I had NO thoughts that it was because you are anti-female so take your self righteousness and go.

But hey feel free to reduce yourself to a name calling bully who posts emojis.

He was responding to carrrnuttt not you.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
He was responding to carrrnuttt not you.

Yep. And I quoted carrrnuttt and everything. I thought that was abundantly clear.

Don’t be a jerk. I had NO thoughts that it was because you are anti-female so take your self righteousness and go.

But hey feel free to reduce yourself to a name calling bully who posts emojis.

Since when did you become carrrnuttt? I specifically quoted his post and responded to it. It had nothing to do with you. I'm the oppressed here--the one that's been name CALLED, Chappie ;)

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I loved the original. Have watched it dozens of times. I enjoyed the remake.

Why is it unacceptable? IT'S A FRACKING MOVIE.

It's just ridiculous to tease a fanbase for years and years about making a third Ghostbusters film with the original cast...each time not coming through...then finally making another film which acts like the other films never happened...and that film includes original cast members, but none of them are the original characters because of the direction they went with a reboot.

I'm glad you liked it. I have no desire to see it.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Yep. And I quoted carrrnuttt and everything. I thought that was abundantly clear.

Since when did you become carrrnuttt? I specifically quoted his post and responded to it. It had nothing to do with you. I'm the oppressed here--the one that's been name CALLED, Chappie ;)
You just did it AGAIN. Unbelievable.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
My God...you flat-out insult me while MISQUOTING me, and I'M at fault? Now THAT'S unbelievable

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) (you frickin' well EARNED that :D )
Finally a post where you don’t call me a name. Good job on all the smilies.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
jeebus... did my old fights with Chap read as tedious as this one?

If so, I humbly apologize to everyone.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ha! Fair enough. I shouldn't have allowed myself to be dragged into it.

Next up on Days of Our Message Board, a little disagreement over the QB position...

Yeah... I won’t even wade into that mess anymore. That convo has easily become the board’s most boring merry go round.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ocean’s 8

Release date: June 8, 2018
Studio: Warner Bros. Pictures
Director: Gary Ross
MPAA Rating: PG-13 (for language, drug use, and some suggestive content)
Screenwriters: Gary Ross, Olivia Milch
Genre: Action, Adventure

Starring: Sandra Bullock, Cate Blanchett, Anne Hathaway, Mindy Kaling, Sarah Paulson, Richard Armitage, James Corden, Nora 'Awkwafina' Lum, Rihanna , Helena Bonham Carter

Plot Summary: The tide has turned and it’s a whole new “Ocean’s” when a group of 8 plan and execute a heist in New York.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anne Hathaway was great in this, but the script completely failed a A-list cast. These type of movies thrive based on how detestable the villain in the team is ripping off and the sleight of hand of not only the plan, but the trick on the audience watching who are led to believe the entire thing is going to complete crap only for it have been brilliantly choreographed that way with a stunning victory at the end.

This one had neither of those elements. That's not to say it was bad. It just wasn't very good. Passable entertainment, but with this level of talent it should have been so much better.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Anne Hathaway was great in this, but the script completely failed a A-list cast. These type of movies thrive based on how detestable the villain in the team is ripping off and the sleight of hand of not only the plan, but the trick on the audience watching who are led to believe the entire thing is going to complete crap only for it have been brilliantly choreographed that way with a stunning victory at the end.

This one had neither of those elements. That's not to say it was bad. It just wasn't very good. Passable entertainment, but with this level of talent it should have been so much better.
How does it compare in terms of entertainment and thrill to the past Oceans movies?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How does it compare in terms of entertainment and thrill to the past Oceans movies?

the first towers over all of them. the third is amusing. the fourth (this one) comes next. the second was just bad.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose