Oceans 8

cheesebeef

Supporting Member
Reaction score
jeebus... did my old fights with Chap read as tedious as this one?

If so, I humbly apologize to everyone.

cheesebeef

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ha! Fair enough. I shouldn't have allowed myself to be dragged into it.

Next up on Days of Our Message Board, a little disagreement over the QB position...

Yeah... I won’t even wade into that mess anymore. That convo has easily become the board’s most boring merry go round.

Brian in Mesa

BIM™
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ocean’s 8

Release date: June 8, 2018
Studio: Warner Bros. Pictures
Director: Gary Ross
MPAA Rating: PG-13 (for language, drug use, and some suggestive content)
Screenwriters: Gary Ross, Olivia Milch
Genre: Action, Adventure

Starring: Sandra Bullock, Cate Blanchett, Anne Hathaway, Mindy Kaling, Sarah Paulson, Richard Armitage, James Corden, Nora 'Awkwafina' Lum, Rihanna , Helena Bonham Carter

Plot Summary: The tide has turned and it’s a whole new “Ocean’s” when a group of 8 plan and execute a heist in New York.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

cheesebeef

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anne Hathaway was great in this, but the script completely failed a A-list cast. These type of movies thrive based on how detestable the villain in the team is ripping off and the sleight of hand of not only the plan, but the trick on the audience watching who are led to believe the entire thing is going to complete crap only for it have been brilliantly choreographed that way with a stunning victory at the end.

This one had neither of those elements. That's not to say it was bad. It just wasn't very good. Passable entertainment, but with this level of talent it should have been so much better.

sunsfan88

Banned
Reaction score
Anne Hathaway was great in this, but the script completely failed a A-list cast. These type of movies thrive based on how detestable the villain in the team is ripping off and the sleight of hand of not only the plan, but the trick on the audience watching who are led to believe the entire thing is going to complete crap only for it have been brilliantly choreographed that way with a stunning victory at the end.

This one had neither of those elements. That's not to say it was bad. It just wasn't very good. Passable entertainment, but with this level of talent it should have been so much better.
How does it compare in terms of entertainment and thrill to the past Oceans movies?

cheesebeef

Supporting Member
Reaction score
How does it compare in terms of entertainment and thrill to the past Oceans movies?

the first towers over all of them. the third is amusing. the fourth (this one) comes next. the second was just bad.