OC Matt Birk

Twist18

Registered
Reaction score
Did anyone imagine Birk in a Cards uni next season when they showed him on the sideline after the botched exchange with TJ? Birk would be a much better addition than Johnson was 2 years ago and would be the instant leader of the line.

I also hope Gandy is restructured and extended in the offseason as well. He has played much better than expected.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Gandy has been a stud since he came here and never gets the credit he deserves. Agreed on Birk. Would love to have him in red.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
I want RG - Goff of SD to replace Lutui.

Both could be had though.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd LOVE to have Birk on this team.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm going to be the outlier here and say I want the same starting 5 back for next year.

Continuity has value too. I think they've played much better together as of late.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Center,dpeth-wise, has to be adressed in the of season. Whether through the draft or free agency. I don't even know who the backup to Sendlein is. It's a deep draft for C's so i think that's the way they'll go.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with our center. He'll be our starter for years. Jeff's right. Replace Lutui and watch the whole line get better instantly.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
OG Duke Robinson Oklahoma would be a great first round draft pick. He should be there hopefully when we pick.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree with the continuity comment. Draft Mack or Unger and let Sendlein fight for his job.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Well, I'm not down on Lutui. He's a young player still learning his craft, and will benefit from a more balanced offence.

If centre is the problem then we could move Wells over, and have Elton Brown and a free agent pickup or draft pick fight it out for LG.

perivolaki

perivolaki
Reaction score
I think a play should be made for both, I'm not sold on Sendelin yet. Disagree Skkorp - sorry.

Sendelin is a solid b/u IMO. All along the interior line.

I agree. Sendelin is OK but teams with big strong nose tackles overwhelmed him to often. He has gotten tossed like a rag doll more than any lineman we have and an upgrade is warranted.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Sendlein is a good fill in center, but lacks the strength and explosiveness to be a starter. Lutui also needs to go to the bench.

IAWarnerFan

Warnerphile, but a Cards fan!
Reaction score
I thought this would be a Birk bash thread. I agree tho, he's a great OC and might be a good fit for this team. :shrug:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson