Obtainable Point Guards this off-season

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cory Joseph will not draw a lot of excitement from fans although he is solid.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Gambo and what's her face going head to head contradicting eachother. :grabs:

Ashley Nevel knows nothing imo.

She has no understanding of the salary cap.

She is convinced we trade Tyler Johnson, Tj Warren and Josh Jackson for a PG. As if we are trading for a PG that makes ~ 35M$ per year.

Ashley Nevel is all talk. Way too overconfident in her own ability to read between the lines and understand the context of the CBA.

Last edited:

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Collison I would love. I could live with Beverly. I could be convinced on Joseph. McConnell isn't an upgrade on Okobo or Melton.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Collison I would love. I could live with Beverly. I could be convinced on Joseph. McConnell isn't an upgrade on Okobo or Melton.

I read somewhere the Nets have always liked Okobo. Maybe he could be used in a trade with something else for Dinwiddie.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ashley Nevel knows nothing imo.

She has no understanding of the salary cap.

She is convinced we trade Tyler Johnson, Tj Warren and Josh Jackson for a PG. As if we are trading for a PG that makes ~ 35M$ per year.

Ashley Nevel is all talk. Way too overconfident in her own ability to read between the lines and understand the context of the CBA.
Chris Paul or John Wall, here we come! (Green Font needed)

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Do we all pretty much agree that Jrue would be the best fit of the potential options?

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Do we all pretty much agree that Jrue would be the best fit of the potential options?
I think statistically he's hard to argue against. This is where fit or style becomes an issue in our discussions. Anyone near that level at Jrue PG, and near the level of Randell at PF, with maybe adding two peices in the draft, and I think that's as good as we could possibly do. Barring some totally unexpected Superstar deciding they HAVE to move to Scottsdale.

Last edited:
OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So. What would a trade package for Jrue look like that would make sense for New Orleans and would be equitable for the Suns.

Here are some options.

1. Tyler, Mikal.
  2. TJ Warren, Josh, Okobo and #6.
  3. Warren, Tyler, and #6 for Jrue and Okafor.

Of course, Melton could swap for Okobo.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
So. What would a trade package for Jrue look like that would make sense for New Orleans and would be equitable for the Suns.

Here are some options.

1. Tyler, Mikal.
  2. TJ Warren, Josh, Okobo and #6.
  3. Warren, Tyler, and #6 for Jrue and Okafor.

Of course, Melton could swap for Okobo.
I am thinking Mikal is off the market for the Suns. I mean the owner supposedly really wanted him. You try and make the owner happy. Not like Mikal hasn't held up his end of the selection also. Plus assets were traded to get him. "More importantly, he is shooting 50 percent from the field and 41.7 percent from three." - Sixerswire.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am thinking Mikal is off the market for the Suns. I mean the owner supposedly really wanted him. You try and make the owner happy. Not like Mikal hasn't held up his end of the selection also. Plus assets were traded to get him. "More importantly, he is shooting 50 percent from the field and 41.7 percent from three." - Sixerswire.
I am partial to the Warren, Jackson, Okobo and #6 option.

I like keeping Tyler as our third guard. A three guard rotation of Jrue, Book, and Tyler looks good to me.
This also frees up free agent space because there is no #6 cap hold.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tyler Johnson, Jackson, #6 and Okobo might do it.

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
I read somewhere the Nets have always liked Okobo. Maybe he could be used in a trade with something else for Dinwiddie.
Please let there be truth in that , I'd give okobo away for free just to get him off the team but if they were actually able to use him to get something that'd be amazing

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For Jrue? Pels would hang up before you even got it out.

It can be sweetened with the Bucks pick or a protected Suns pick.

Bridges would do it but the Suns are unlikely to part with him.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
It can be sweetened with the Bucks pick or a protected Suns pick.

Bridges would do it but the Suns are unlikely to part with him.
They already gave up a future #1 to get Bridges. That would be insane to trade him away since he's not a bust.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They already gave up a future #1 to get Bridges. That would be insane to trade him away since he's not a bust.

It's an unlikely option but it all comes down to you have to trade something to get something.

Adding draft picks is a way to compensate for less player assets and the Pelicans might like it as well.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Off limits, as in you wouldn't even trade him for Holiday straight up?

Ignoring the salary issue that makes that impossible, yes. Bridges is already as good defensively, and he will be a better shooter within a year or two. I would not trade him for Holiday straight-up.