Obtainable Point Guards this off-season

Discussion in 'Phoenix Suns' started by JCSunsfan, May 18, 2019.

1. 1Sun

1Sun Banned

Replace Brandon Clarke with Deandre Hunter, and I am all for it...though in either scenario we would still need a serviceable veteran starting power forward. Any suggestions?

SunnyBaller likes this.
  2. Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders Super Moderator Contributor

I love ya but we will always just sorta agree

3. JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan Registered User

Ok. The Pels now have Ball, Jrue and are likely to resign Payton. They need a prolific scorer/shooter on the wing. Zion plays D and so does Ball. They are also in full rebuild mode with all those picks. Jrue has gone on record saying he resigned in NO to play alongside AD.

It seems to me that Jrue might be more attainable now than ever. TJ Warren is a really nice fit alongside Zion and Ball. He adds the shooting and scoring they need.

I think a trade with Warren for Jrue as the core makes a lot of sense . The Suns would have to throw in other assets to even the value out—maybe #6 and the Milwaukee pick. Maybe more.

A win-win scenario is possible here. Jrue is the best option for the Suns going forward.

Raze likes this.
  4. Hoop Head

Hoop Head Señor Caca Cabeza Contributor

If the rumor of NO taking White is to get the Suns to make an offer for their pick I think we have something Griffin wants. I would guess that's Jackson as he knows we're not dealing Booker or Ayton. He wanted Jackson in a Kyrie trade also. Perhaps we can work something out involving Jackson heading there for Holiday or in a deal to move up to #4? I think Jackson and #6 is too steep for the #4 pick. If they had #3 then I might consider it but not for #4.

5. 1Sun

1Sun Banned

I wouldn't trade anything to move up to 4 to draft White or Culver. Not...a...thing. Not even a future second round pick in 2030. Not even cash.

leclerc likes this.
  6. JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan Registered User

I want Jrue, not the #4 pick. He is the right age and skill set to lead this young team.

What Griff wants is picks.

SirStefan32 likes this.
  7. GatorAZ

GatorAZ Formerly known as GatorHater

If I’m Griff I’m telling the Suns I want their 2022 unprotected pick or take a hike.

8. Raze

Raze Suns fan since '89

We might be able to package up future 1sts and JJ and Warren.

Honestly, I don't care about future 1sts. The way they've set up the lottery you might as well have the 13th spot as opposed to the 1st (Which is why they modified the structure after the Chris Webber to Orlando draft after they just drafted Shaq. Amazing they haven't learned from their past mistakes.). Plus, we should have an upward trajectory anyway so the draft picks SHOULD be in the 20's by the time they mature. If not, we're screwed anyways.

So send them whatever it takes to get Jrue minus the obvious.

leclerc likes this.
  9. leclerc

leclerc The smooth operator

Let's get something concrete that will fill an actual position on the floor right now instead of a lazy veteran (Hedo, Chili, Ariza) or another draft miss.

One step at a time. Booker, Ayton, somebody good. Let them be in the playoffs race in March 2020... We've suffered enough.

BC867 likes this.
  10. cheesebeef

cheesebeef Registered User Contributor

you realize the centerpiece of that deal player-wise was a prolific/shooter on the wing in Ingraham, right? He's longer than Warren, he creates for himself and others and rebounds better as a SF. Why would they want Warren at the expense of Jrue considering this?

11. 1Sun

1Sun Banned

Because Ingram has a career-threatening medical condition.

12. cheesebeef

cheesebeef Registered User Contributor

if the Pels thought this was really a problem, they would have held out for Kuzma. All the talk in LA (where I live) is that the problem is under control and haven't heard a peep about a problem in months.

13. 1Sun

1Sun Banned

That's what they said about Chris Bosh as well. A year later, the condition returned full blast, and his career was over. The Pels were backed into a corner and made the trade out of desperation. Frankly, I think they got hosed.

14. Bufalay

Bufalay Registered User

This is an interesting point. The value of future picks has changed. You seem to imply that they are now less valuable, but I’m not sure that that’s right.

15. Bufalay

Bufalay Registered User

A week ago it sounded like no one would trade for Ingram. Now suddenly he’s fine?