Obama’s golf weekend with Tiger Woods cost taxpayers more than $3.6 million

Discussion in 'Politics and Religion' started by Brian in Mesa, Oct 27, 2016.

1. BigRedRage

BigRedRage Reckless Contributor

I guess you missed the memory lane comment. Yall are hung up on it. I'm not.

the fact that you decide to capitalize full words when addressing me says enough. I have zero interest in political discussions with you. You are too angry and hateful about things.

2. DWKB

DWKB Registered

There will be no propping up this time and why there are so many candidates in the field. The change in process has completely opened it up. We will see what the consequences are of this.

3. BigRedRage

What I mean was moreso, who wins the primaries when I said "props up". Poor wording for that sentence.

So far the consequence seems to be the same as the GOP primary last time, the good candidates are being buried from the dilution.

4. Dback Jon

Dback Jon Killer Snail Contributor

So you are going to throw out falsehoods, then say you have no interest in discussing them? So you can keep your false narrative alive in your brain.

Am I angry? YES I AM. Why shouldn't I be. I am seeing Anti-gay judges, anti-gay appointees, anti-gay legislation. HUNDREDS of LBGT are being murdered. Donnie's own "Christians" are openly calling for gays to be arrested and speedily executed.

Any American SHOULD be angry about the destruction of the environment, war on equality, war on education, destruction of democracy.

but you won't likely care until Trump and the GOP sell off your favorite camping and four-wheeling places and you have to pay (or have no access whatsoever) for areas you now use for free.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2019
    Ouchie-Z-Clown, LVG and UncleChris like this.
  5. BigRedRage

...You dont have to explain it. This stuff has been discussed ad naeseum, just like what you are trying to get me to discuss again.

yes, thats all I care about is camping land and offroading. ... What I have to pay for has no bearing on anything. I have things I dislike about the government, the current power structure and more but I dont go off yelling, typing in all caps, insulting and mroe like you do. Sorry I am not like that. I have too much love and happiness to be bitter and angry over everything I dislike.

6. DWKB

DWKB Registered

I don’t agree with this, really.

Dem candidates right now are only polling based upon name recognition. Maybe you can blame the media for this a little, but it’s too early to even make a claim about the horse race at this point.

Rep candidates weren’t buried by dilution either, they were buried by being poor candidates, at least to the views of the primary voters.

7. UncleChris

UncleChris Retirement Doesn't Suck Contributor

8. LVG

LVG Who?! Contributor

Simmer down people.

9. BigRedRage

I disagree. Guys like Kasich and Paul got buried by the delution but also the celebrity obsession with Trump. In fact, Paul challenging trump was like an automatic death blow to him. As I went "finally someone has balls to call this asshat out" he disappears.

Meanwhile yes, the DNC polls are all name recognition and I hope the debates change that. I really wish Yangs primary platform wasnt UBI as while I can see merit in why he wants it, I do not find it a good primary plank to run on. People are reluctant to spend more tax money and distribute it to the masses. He has SO many good campaign planks I am a bit dumbfounded why that is the only one he brings up. Maybe its because it catches your eye and gets him interviews.

10. LoyaltyisaCurse

LoyaltyisaCurse IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...

I laugh voters in my party right now. Last time they were crying about settling in on a single candidate and the need for more choices. Now there are more choices and folks are screaming there are too many choices.

There is still 19 months left, it will whittle down and sort itself out and we’ll be left with a candidate.

Dback Jon likes this.
  11. Rivercard

Rivercard Too much good stuff

Which of the 24 do you like?

12. devilalum

devilalum Heavily Redacted

Exactly. The number of candidates is not that important. No way all 20 something of them can survive for very long without money.

13. DWKB

DWKB Registered

Maybe it wasn’t dilution, but simply that your political alignment doesn’t match the mainstream. I wouldn’t call either of those two good candidates.

Kasich is a good man at least. Paul is, well, ugh.

14. BigRedRage

Good man matters a lot. I disagree with lots with Kasich but also had things I agreed upon and he seems like a center, compromising good guy.

Paul has stuff I like about him too.

then you had cruz, trump, rubio and barf after barf.

My alignment doesnt match the gop at all so its no surprise the only people I had any taste for went away really quickly.

I'm not sure if you watched those early debates though...having that many people on stage was a clown show and a waste of time.

The only GOP I can align with is old school, more center types like Kasich, Bill weld and the like.

15. Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown I'm better than Mulli!

See that’s what you don’t get . . . “everything I dislike.” This isn’t about liking something or not for a lot of people. This is about their freedom being literally stripped piece by piece. If that were happening to you, or if you had compassion for those to which this is happening, you’d be pissed too. Honestly I cannot fathom your “oh well” attitude in the face of everything that’s happening in our country.

ozzfloyd and ajcardfan like this.