NYT: White House reviews plan that would send up to 120,000 US troops to Middle East

Discussion in 'Politics and Religion' started by LoyaltyisaCurse, May 14, 2019.

1. Russ Smith

Russ Smith The Original Whizzinator Contributor

One of the Trump guys they have on CNN regularly was on the other night saying he's not surprised at all about the farmers bailout because it's well known those folks are starting to express dissatisfaction with Trump due to the tariffs. Just one guy of course but he's a Trump supporter himself.

To be fair, 2 million more votes than Romney is not trivial, I undersold that, I just think there's some concern with Trump's campaign that he may be losing some of those people if not careful so he's actively courting them again.

2. BigRedRage

BigRedRage Reckless Contributor

That will always be the case, I just don't see posturing vs Iran being a big draw, especially in response to economic concerns. W/e though

3. UncleChris

UncleChris Retirement Doesn't Suck Contributor

Disagree. He starts a war, and the people who are against it are immediately labeled as traitors, unpatriotic, and don't support the troops. That is very, very strong medicine: No one wants to be labeled like this and only the strongest opponents will stand their ground, at least publicly.

Russ Smith likes this.
  4. AZCB34

AZCB34 Registered User

I never said it would help his re-election but I believe he thinks it will. He is itching for a battle somewhere and Iran is the prefect foil. All of us old timers can go all the way back to the late 70's and work up a pretty good froth over Iran.

I think you underestimate his chances in 2020...in fact I think most people underestimate his chances.

5. BigRedRage

I don't imagine Iran is brazen eno
    I think he has a similar chance as he did last time. His base will vote for him for sure, I think it is already locked in. It will be up to the opposing parties to lock in their entire base and then court the youth and central voters to their side. So far it appears they will be going w ith Biden and IMO, it will likely be another nailbiter if so.

6. carrrnuttt

carrrnuttt Didactic

:rolleyes:

I don't understand how you can be so nonchalant about this.

You're trying to assign logic to an Admin that hasn't shown an ounce of it since day one.

I personally would not want THIS Admin to be wielding any guns ANYWHERE. It's like leaving a 5yo with a loaded shotgun.

Russ Smith and Dback Jon like this.
  7. Dback Jon

Dback Jon Killer Snail Contributor

I don't know if you watch The Voice or not, but Monday one of the country singers performed Lee Greenwood's "God Bless the USA" and absolutely butchered it, and judges Kelly Clarkson and John Legend said as much. Then all the pseudo-patriotic Trumpians went apeshit claiming the two are unpatriotic, blah blah because they were criticizing a performance of a "Patriotic Song" (News flash, the song itself sucks as well)

UncleChris likes this.
  8. BigRedRage

I do not take this stuff to the emotional extremes that everyone else does. I am pretty nonchalant about everything in life. I know plenty of people who would say the same thing you just said but in the complete opposite manner where they would say I want nothing with war but I am glad this admin is the one heading the charge. Your perception is your reality. I choose to believe that cooler heads will prevail. If ultimately, they do not and we end up at war, me pissing, moaning and freaking out on ASFN wouldn't have changed a damn thing.

9. BigRedRage

[​IMG]

10. UncleChris

UncleChris Retirement Doesn't Suck Contributor

Exactly.

11. carrrnuttt

carrrnuttt Didactic

False bravado from someone who's out of ideas or is hiding a defense of his current ideas in the muck.

You sure are willing to "piss and moan" about only voting for people you want to vote for, instead of fighting to keep a psychotic megalomaniac out of office.

I am willing to bet a paycheck you'd be VERY up in arms if this saber-rattling involved a possible war with a European (read: White) country.

12. BigRedRage

lol. Bravado? you people really amuse me sometimes.

Never pissed and moaned about who I voted for, only got pissed and moaned at for my voting preferences. Me saying I voted for someone, being attacked about who I voted for and then explaining why I voted the way I did is hardly pissing and moaning. I never attacked anyone for who they voted for or lambasted them about not voting for my guy. That's for other people to do. I really do not care who you vote for. It's not my business.

You can assume I would take a different tone if it was a white country, feel free. Grab me some popsicles while you are in your fantasy land.

13. carrrnuttt

carrrnuttt Didactic

Only if you grab one for me first from the land where TrumpCo follows logic.

And your stances on Brown V White is easily extracted from your own words and by general consensus. You don't sound anything BUT racist when it comes to discussion involving such.

If you think that's OUR problem, then you need to lock yourself in a room full of mirrors. Then again, you'll project and call it OUR "hysteria" and our "emotional extremes" as you self-justify your stances in life, so I doubt you'll really learn anything.

14. BigRedRage

I really do not care what your manufactured opinions are or how you think I'm a racist. Good for you. In a sea of liberals, I always seem far right. In a sea of conservatives I always seem far left. I'm used to it. No big deal. You are welcome to put me on ignore, not sure why I ever took you off of it years ago but I did.

and yes, your perception is your problem. Your perception is not impacting anything about my life whatsoever. All is well. You're welcome to create a poll to quantify your consensus feelings though.

15. carrrnuttt

carrrnuttt Didactic

LOL

Stop self-justifying and accept yourself as who you are.

And my opinion about you IS "manufactured." I pieced it together from observing you and your usual responses to issues or to other people.

I still followed the Laws of Conservation however, where I didn't fabricate it from nothing. The fact that you refuse to understand, accept, or even acknowledge that is what makes you sad.