Nuggets @ Suns Wednesday Playoff game thread 6-9-2021 - Game 2

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Media consensus. This is about BAD NUGGETS and not GOOD SUNS.

No problem. Let’s just make the whole league look bad.
To be fair it is probably some of both. Of course we are playing well right now, but the Nuggets are also banged up and playing very poorly outside of Jokic.

Of course Jokic isn't inspiring anyone with his not getting back on defense and complaining to the refs instead.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He could get the same message across with a different approach. Such as "we need to be more aggressive the next game" instead of "we played soft tonight". Essentially means something very similar, but would probably be received a lot better by the players.

Its a form of manipulation. Tell someone how horrible they are, not because you necessarily believe it, but because you are trying to provoke the opposite reaction. I don't like it, but it happens.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He could get the same message across with a different approach. Such as "we need to be more aggressive the next game" instead of "we played soft tonight". Essentially means something very similar, but would probably be received a lot better by the players.
He is trying to make them angry, at him, at themselves or whatever.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I get that and it could very well work (he knows his players a lot better than I do), but it sure didn't seem to inspire the opposite in game 2 where they continued to play soft.
Desperation. Yeah, it’s likely to backfire on him. He probably knows that. But it’s all he’s got.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nuggets coach is trying to light a fire.

IMO Scarpacci is useless for them. Provides no penetration/finishing. We’re expecting him to pass it every time. And also no defense, he gets screened way too easy.

McGee along with Gordon could be some lobs for them. McGee didn’t sniff any meaningful time.

Start Barton over Scarpacci.

Last edited:

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The problem with Jokic is that as complete as his game is, he doesn’t defend. Also, when your best player and distributor is a big that does not move very quickly, you cannot go small.

if the Nuggets had guards as good as Langston and Etuan they would be a better team. Our deep bench guards are better than their starters.

Depth matters.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Its a form of manipulation. Tell someone how horrible they are, not because you necessarily believe it, but because you are trying to provoke the opposite reaction. I don't like it, but it happens.
Didn’t exactly work the first time (calling them soft after game one), so he’s doubling down on the strategy (calling them quitters after the second game). Seems a dubious strategy.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The problem with Jokic is that as complete as his game is, he doesn’t defend. Also, when your best player and distributor is a big that does not move very quickly, you cannot go small.

if the Nuggets had guards as good as Langston and Etuan they would be a better team. Our deep bench guards are better than their starters.

Depth matters.

Yeah if only they had a stud guard as good as Langston or Etuan they’d be pretty damn good

It’s like the only thing missing is a PG who’s capable of dropping 50 in the playoffs. Hmmmmm

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Right! I am not sure how his player would respond to that. I just see it as an opportunity to take their spirit and then set them up for a mercy kill to end the series.
Maybe he doesn't really care what he says if he thinks gets fired if nuggets get embarrassed this series.

but yea if your a hc u don't trash talk your own team lol players will want him History if he keeps up

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Nuggets coach is trying to light a fire.

IMO Scarpacci is useless for them. Provides no penetration/finishing. We’re expecting him to pass it every time. And also no defense, he gets screened way too easy.

McGee along with Gordon could be some lobs for them. McGee didn’t sniff any meaningful time.

Start Barton over Scarpacci.
I would hate having a coach that motivates his players that way. He might as well just be a fan on Twitter when saying that stuff publicly.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I would hate having a coach that motivates his players that way. He might as well just be a fan on Twitter when saying that stuff publicly.
What kind of fan would publicly trash their teams players?

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking you're either in a bad mood or you skipped more posts than you read or you're posting in the wrong thread? There were some ups and downs but as threads go I didn't think it was that bad.
it was during a 3 page of crap section

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
not sure what you expect from a coach who's team is getting dominated in all phases each night. It is on him so if anything, that should be what he is saying.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
not sure what you expect from a coach who's team is getting dominated in all phases each night. It is on him so if anything, that should be what he is saying.

yeah. The fact he isn’t laying any blame on himself is surprising.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah if only they had a stud guard as good as Langston or Etuan they’d be pretty damn good

It’s like the only thing missing is a PG who’s capable of dropping 50 in the playoffs. Hmmmmm
Which is why I said, depth matters. Had they built a roster with some depth, they would have better been able to weather the loss of Murray. They had nothing behind him.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The last time we looked this good was the 1995 playoffs. We won our first 5 games. Total destruction of Portland in a 3 game sweep.

Then, in a “revenge series”, after blowing the previous season 2-0 lead against Houston, we went up 2-0 again with MASSIVE 130-108 and 118-94 thrashings. I remember Houston looked so awful, Drexlee even got kicked out of Game 2. We proceeded to of course lose that revenge series as well.

All of which is to say, regardless of how ANAZING we’ve looked this series, all we’ve done is held serve so far. Denver will come out full of emotion in Game 3 after the MVP series. Gotta withstand that run. One W and we got ourselves a real series again. As always can’t wait to see how they respond.

also, upon closer look, man that team was REALLY shallow after Manning blew out his knee. Chuck and KJ were both playing at superstar levels (Chuck before he tore up his knee landing on Ellie’s foot awkwardly in Game 6), but beyond AC Green and Person playing solid role players, their bench was an old Ainge, Socks, Danny Schayes, Wayman Tisdale and Majerle who was just horrific in that series to the tune of 5-25 from three.

Last edited:

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The last time we looked this good was the 1995 playoffs. We won our first 5 games. Total destruction of Portland in a 3 game sweep.

Then, in a “revenge series”, after blowing the previous season 2-0 lead against Houston, we went up 2-0 again with MASSIVE 130-108 and 118-94 thrashings. I remember Houston looked so awful, Drexlee even got kicked out of Game 2. We proceeded to of course lose that revenge series as well.

All of which is to say, regardless of how ANAZING we’ve looked this series, all we’ve done is held serve so far. Denver will come out full of emotion in Game 3 after the MVP series. Gotta withstand that run. One W and we got ourselves a real series again. As always can’t wait to see how they respond.
I doubt CP3 is out throwing baseballs today (my equivalent to Chuck playing 18 holes of golf on his day off with a bad back). But your point is taken in that, if we give them two in Denver, the momentum changes and the series completely changes. We need to win at least one in Denver.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Which is why I said, depth matters. Had they built a roster with some depth, they would have better been able to weather the loss of Murray. They had nothing behind him.

come on dude. If your star goes down role players can’t replace that. We are very deep but if Booker goes down we’re in trouble same with Durant, Embiid, Trae and so on.

and they did really well without him in the regular season but in the playoffs stars matter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose