Nuggets @ Suns Wednesday Playoff game thread 6-9-2021 - Game 2

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Right! I am not sure how his player would respond to that. I just see it as an opportunity to take their spirit and then set them up for a mercy kill to end the series.

Maybe it has worked all season but I think as a player and as a team this would get old especially for the players who are giving it their all.

Perhaps their coach should give the Suns defense some credit.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nuggets Coach was brutal in post game, even talking sweep by Suns

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

He's no Westphal predicting a s series win
This is because there is nothing else he can do. He doesn’t have the personnel to tweak the starting line up or change strategy. He cannot go small when his best player is his center. He can try to get his players to play harder. That is it.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This kid has already built a following.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
It;s amazing to watch a playoff game by the Suns and NOT worry about a loss at the end of the game. There was about 7 minutes of relaxing junk ball at the end!!

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It;s amazing to watch a playoff game by the Suns and NOT worry about a loss at the end of the game. There was about 7 minutes of relaxing junk ball at the end!!

The Suns blowing out teams in playoff games is something to be savored indeed!

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So fun last night. I was laughing as the suns refused to guard Rivers from beyond the arc and most of the team as well. They were like jack it up we’ll get the rebound

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My favorite comment by Reggie was he said something like... man, Denver needs to get a little tougher and get something going..right then Porter got in Crowder's face.... Reggie goes .. oops looks like they started the wrong sumpin' sumpin' with Crowder!!

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is because there is nothing else he can do. He doesn’t have the personnel to tweak the starting line up or change strategy. He cannot go small when his best player is his center. He can try to get his players to play harder. That is it.

Well, it didn't sound very motivational. Sounded more depressing and discouraging. We'll see what happens game 3.

After game 1, they were all about not wanting to be "soft" the next game. They lost by 25 and the toughest move was Gordon trying to push Crowder around.

I am not impressed and would like to take back my Suns in 7 prediction and shorten it up a bit.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope this does not backfire on Will Barton.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Well, it didn't sound very motivational. Sounded more depressing and discouraging. We'll see what happens game 3.

After game 1, they were all about not wanting to be "soft" the next game. They lost by 25 and the toughest move was Gordon trying to push Crowder around.

I am not impressed and would like to take back my Suns in 7 prediction and shorten it up a bit.
Second game in a row where jokic had to defend team against coach:

"I don't think so that guys quit," Jokic said. "When you're losing a lot, you can always kind of put your head down. ... But I'm not sure that we quit. I didn't quit."

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I suppose we will see how the Nuggets players respond in game 3. Maybe they will take what the coach said personally and respond or maybe they will just shell up at the first sign of adversity. We will find out Friday.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
At this point, though impressively, we’ve only held serve. We are supposed to win our home games. May be a tad high hopes, but I’d really like to nab game 3 as well. I’m greedy like that.
I suspect the players smell blood and will be trying really hard to grab game 3 also. They have an opportunity to essentially put a nail in the series coffin in just game 3. Could see an aggressive night for Book with the opportunity that is in front of them.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Oh. I agree with you. It’s just all he’s got.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I think the team found another gear due to the stifling defense the Lakers were playing and them having to find that extra gear to get through it. Since they made that shift in the 2nd half of game 4 there has been no looking back. It also must feel like there is no opposition whatsoever against Denver's defense compared to the defensive pressure the Lakers were playing with.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Second game in a row where jokic had to defend team against coach:

"I don't think so that guys quit," Jokic said. "When you're losing a lot, you can always kind of put your head down. ... But I'm not sure that we quit. I didn't quit."
Uh oh. When your MVP and coach are publicly disagreeing, you are in trouble.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Media consensus. This is about BAD NUGGETS and not GOOD SUNS.

No problem. Let’s just make the whole league look bad.

In a star focused league and the age of the salary cap, I had thought that old fashioned team basketball in the NBA was gone. Championships were about 2 or 3 colluding superstars and a roster full of scrubs and old vets looking for a ring. This is so refreshing to watch.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score

He could get the same message across with a different approach. Such as "we need to be more aggressive the next game" instead of "we played soft tonight". Essentially means something very similar, but would probably be received a lot better by the players.

Dr dumas

Veteran
Reaction score
At this point, though impressively, we’ve only held serve. We are supposed to win our home games. May be a tad high hopes, but I’d really like to nab game 3 as well. I’m greedy like that.
I’m super greedy and want a sweep. Clips match is going to go to 7 which would give CP a ton of time to test and heal.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose