Nuggets @ Suns Wednesday Playoff game thread 6-9-2021 - Game 2

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's time to finish business at home on Wednesday before the Suns travel to Denver for two games on Friday and Sunday.

The game will be televised on TNT.

Start time is listed at 6:30 p.m. Arizona time.

Go Suns!

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The NBA injury report will be out later today. Nothing new on Michael Porter Jr.

The last word is he will be fine for game 2.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I listened to the post game. Expect lots of hard fouls by Denver in game 2. Sounded to me they want to emphasize hard fouls on the Suns and not give up AND1's. Unfortunately, we are going to have to be careful with Paul. He is going to be a target this entire playoffs and I wouldn't put it past some players to come down on the shoulder.

They fully intend on knocking the Suns around and they can't fall into it or get baited into stupid technical fouls. Denver is going to come out pissed just like the Lakers did. They are going to unleash Gordon. They brought him in just for this type of play. We did see some against Booker. You are going to get that x2 in the next game. This could be a super physical game.

Get this game and you are in full control of the series. You put Denver in a defensive position of defending their court against one of the best road teams in the NBA. The pressure on Denver would increase ten fold.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns fans make it special.

Our fans have been getting lots of love for their fire during the playoffs. What I love most about the clip above is seeing a new generation of Suns fans being born after likely losing an entire generation the last decade.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The crowd was insane. I have not heard a Suns crowd this loud since the 93 playoff run. I was at some of those games and some during the Nash era playoff runs. The crowd is absolutely insane in this run.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There was a two day break in the Lakers series between games three and four.

No such luck in this series unless it goes seven games.

There is a day two day break between games six and seven if the series goes that long.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Denver looked totally gassed in game 1 and we didn't. That bodes well for this schedule.

Reportedly Nikola Jokic likes the schedule because it resembles the regular season.

There is optimism from the Nuggets that Will Barton may be back soon.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The crowd was insane. I have not heard a Suns crowd this loud since the 93 playoff run. I was at some of those games and some during the Nash era playoff runs. The crowd is absolutely insane in this run.
Stephen A Smith said that the crowd is a huge factor. He went on about it for a while. Went so far as to say that if other teams do not figure out a way to get fans in their buildings they might not beat the Suns (SAS overstatement of course, but still recognition).

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stephen A Smith said that the crowd is a huge factor. He went on about it for a while. Went so far as to say that if other teams do not figure out a way to get fans in their buildings they might not beat the Suns (SAS overstatement of course, but still recognition).

Stephen A. Smith is a tool.....but I don't disagree about the crowd being huge.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Anyone notice how absent from view Robert Sarver has been?

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am amazed that the Suns seemingly are starting to get some respect from the Refs. Seriously, for awhile there I thought there was a chance that the Refs were going to be the sixth man for the Lakers that entire series. I remember last season when the Suns or Booker would get man handled and no calls constantly.

Could the tide be turning?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns may have to use more screens in Game 2 for Devin Booker.

Again, I don't remember Aaron Gordon being this quick defensively but the video doesn't lie.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Suns may have to use more screens in Game 2 for Devin Booker.

Again, I don't remember Aaron Gordon being this quick defensively but the video doesn't lie.

I was thinking we got an extra pumped Gordon because of him being back in Arizona.... even though he had a short stay at u of eh.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dismiss Suns role players at your own peril... and the Nuggets should know, they have relied on role players all season.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I keep hearing about fatigue when it comes to Jokic. I'm not sure why.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was thinking we got an extra pumped Gordon because of him being back in Arizona.... even though he had a short stay at u of eh.

I like the Nuggets Aaron Gordon version better than the Magic version.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose