Nuggets @ Suns Monday Playoff game thread 6-7-2021 - Game 1

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On Monday the Suns face the Nuggets in the second round of the playoffs. The games will be played every other day unless there is a game 7 with the first two games being played in Phoenix.

The Nuggets like the Suns beat their opponent (Portland) in six games. In their wins the Nuggets scored 128, 120, 147 and 126 points. They know how to score so the problem is stopping them.

Their two primary weapons are Nikola Jokic and Michael Porter Jr. but they are multi-dimensional and play team basketball. However, make no mistake, this team is built around likely MVP Nikola Jokic. He is the straw that stirs the drink. Like the Suns, the Nuggets use their bench.

Suns are coming off a 4-2 series win over the Lakers.

IMO, the key for the series is a healthy Chris Paul and the Suns limiting Nikola Jokic. Deandre Ayton will need to have a solid series for the Suns to win.

The game will be televised on TNT.

Start time is listed at 7 p.m. Arizona time.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nikola Jokic says Deandre Ayton guards him really well.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Nuggets may get some players back during series.

PJ Dozier and Will Barton have participated in parts of practice.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here the schedule for the Suns-Nuggets playoff series.

By Arizona Sports:

Suns-Nuggets playoff series schedule

Game 1 — Monday, June 7 vs. Nuggets (7 p.m. on TNT)

Game 2 — Wednesday, June 9 vs. Nuggets (6:30 p.m. on TNT)

Game 3 — Friday, June 11 at Nuggets (7 p.m. on ESPN)

Game 4 — Sunday, June 13 at Nuggets (5 p.m. on TNT)

*Game 5 — Tuesday, June 15 vs. Nuggets (TBD on TNT)

*Game 6 — Thursday, June 17 at Nuggets (TBD on ESPN)

https://arizonasports.com/story/267...e-times-tv-for-western-conference-semifinals/

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
JaMychal Green on how to stop Nikola Jokic. With a smile he says triple team him.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
JaMychal Green describes the Nuggets. It sounds a lot like someone describing the Suns.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Abdel Nader reportedly had an arthroscopy knee procedure around April 26th.

He is out indefinitely but I haven't heard an update on his status in awhile.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yep. DA needs to tune out all the noise and study up on Joker's first round matchup to get an idea how he's moving and some of his tendencies now compared to earlier in the year.
Coach's job, not DA's. All he has to do is listen and do.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Coach's job, not DA's. All he has to do is listen and do.
Yes, but guys can also study tape of their opponent if they present an extra challenge, which Jokic will do. But your situation does sound more realistic for DA. :)

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dario Saric hasn't played against the Nuggets this season but he has had some solid games against them in the past.

Although the Suns didn't beat Denver in 2019-20, on 11-24-19 Dario had 18 points and 17 rebounds against the Nuggets.

Perhaps Monty might want to consider giving Dario a look off the bench to see if he can recover his rhythm.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Key to the series is very simple: make Porter have to pass. Do not let him shoot.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dario Saric hasn't played against the Nuggets this season but he has had some solid games against them in the past.

Although the Suns didn't beat Denver in 2019-20, on 11-24-19 Dario had 18 points and 17 rebounds against the Nuggets.

Perhaps Monty might want to consider giving Dario a look off the bench to see if he can recover his rhythm.

Dario, and Frank, will be more effective in this series. Jokic is a handful but he's not an interior banger like Drummond, Davis, or Harrell. That will allow our big.man rotation to expand some, provided they don't stink up while on the floor. Our forwards will have their hands full with Porter, Gordon, Green, and Millsap.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Uh, Frank should not play against Niko for one second. I would not be thrilled with Dario on him either. In the 12 minutes per game that he sits, I would not have a problem with either of them getting a little run. Dario, preferably.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Dario against Millsap, Denver’s nominal back-up 5, is fine.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Uh, Frank should not play against Niko for one second. I would not be thrilled with Dario on him either. In the 12 minutes per game that he sits, I would not have a problem with either of them getting a little run. Dario, preferably.

Yeah... I wouldn’t mind getting Dario a little run in this series with the matchups, against Milsap. See if any of his early season juice reappears.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dario, and Frank, will be more effective in this series. Jokic is a handful but he's not an interior banger like Drummond, Davis, or Harrell. That will allow our big.man rotation to expand some, provided they don't stink up while on the floor. Our forwards will have their hands full with Porter, Gordon, Green, and Millsap.

Let's hope so. The Suns really need to get at least one of these two players going.

Kaminsky only played for four games in the Lakers series and contributed a total of 5 points, 6 rebounds and 8 assists.

Dario only played in three games and contributed a total of 11 points, 5 rebounds and 3 assists.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope the "Fellas" are getting good rest/recov cause this waiting is killing me.

I’m more than okay with the rest. Game 6 stressed the F out of me!

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose