Nuggets @ Suns Monday Playoff game thread 6-7-2021 - Game 1

cheesebeef

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whaaat. How many times have we seen Chris Paul turn it up in key moments of a game? And Booker is not afraid in the clutch. National media should do some damn research before they just type something random.

CP3 has some legendary playoff meltdowns. An all-timer in Game 5 v. OKC back in 2014 that totally swung the series. His Clippers also choked away TWO 3-1 series leads in two different seasons. And his last Houston team with Harden couldn’t beat the Warriors after Durant went out for the rest of the series in Game 3.

But I’ll take my chances with him at this point. He’s a man on a mission.

Hoop Head

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
CP3 has some legendary playoff meltdowns. An all-timer in Game 5 v. OKC back in 2014 that totally swung the series. His Clippers also choked away TWO 3-1 series leads in two different seasons. And his last Houston team with Harden couldn’t beat the Warriors after Durant went out for the rest of the series in Game 3.

Paul has a better cast around him. I know he had Blake and Deandre Jordan in LA but he didn't have someone else that could get a couple of buckets like Booker. Teams could collapse on Paul and smother him on D before but they can't do that here since he's surrounded by shooters.

He's also one of those rare players where you can tell he's learned from his mistakes. Not just the ones he made individually but that his team made. He's gotten much smarter over the years, which is what has made up for his drop in athleticism. He was always a smart player but he's undoubtedly top 5 in the league when it comes to BB-IQ, probably top 3.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
Good points, cheesebeef. I was just thinking recently (this year, LOL). They have show resiliency as a team, going back to the bubble, and in quite a few games this year, and CP3 has stepped up many times in the playoffs this year. Let's keep it going.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I have been playing close attention to this interviews. He certainly seems to be on a mission. More so because he realizes this is all going to end soon. He seems to be really enjoying the ride, who he is playing with an appreciating how hard it is to get here. If the team fails to win a title this year it won't be because this dude had no heart.