Nuggets @ Suns Game Thread

nowagimp

Reaction score
myrondizzo said:
i think marion is going to abuse mello on both ends of the floor. assuming marion guards him, but if he has to guard martin it might be a long night. the nuggs 3-5s have got alot of size and that makes me a little worried. camby might just give us fits. i also expect watson to get alot of minutes to wear down nash. if thomas and diaw get into early foul trouble burke might have to get some playing time and that could be dangerous.

I think that Martin's knee is tender, from what I've been reading. If so, he wont be as physical(hopefully). I also, do not like that matchup. Camby is also quicker than thomas, but thomas' mid range game might pull camby out of the lane a little.

myrondizzo

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
sunsfn said:
He would not go in the game with about 1 1/2 minutes to play.
wow that's bad. i smell a trade comming. maybe they could trade him to the raptors to teach him a lesson.

Louis

DJ Roomba
Reaction score
Winning Friends and Influencing the People in My H
Luis, welcome aboard, how's 12th feeling right now?

James Jones may have had a bad outing versus Indy but as pointed by EJ (who I am starting to like as an announcer) it's a yin-yang type situation when you play your former team. It's either lights out or a bad night.

Unfortunately for Jones it was a horrible night, but the Suns got the W anyway.

KT has to prove that he can be effective in this system before he gets put back into the lineup. He has struggled when starting and has now had 3 consecutive good games where he has played well.

One or two more and he's back in there, if I were Coach D.

myrondizzo

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
nowagimp said:
I think that Martin's knee is tender, from what I've been reading. If so, he wont be as physical(hopefully). I also, do not like that matchup. Camby is also quicker than thomas, but thomas' mid range game might pull camby out of the lane a little.
good because martin always gives marion fits. maybe we will start jones and have thomas come off the bench and help diaw guard camby. thomas has seemed more comfortable comming off the bench.

nowagimp

Reaction score
myrondizzo said:
good because martin always gives marion fits. maybe we will start jones and have thomas come off the bench and help diaw guard camby. thomas has seemed more comfortable comming off the bench.

If I recall correctly, Martin was complaining that his knee is tender, hasn't recovered, and feels stiff. My observations watching them play(I think it was the lakers) was that Martin didnt seem to be able to explode on offense. He also seemed less mobile on 'D' than I remember.

sunsfn

Reaction score
elindholm said:
I lurked around phxsuns.net a bit, but never joined because it seems they don't care for any criticism of the suns whatsoever. And I'm not sending an email to ask to join.

It wouldn't have mattered; they don't respond anyway. I tried a couple of times to join them, never got a response, and gave up.

I sent them a note about you........that may have something to do with them not responding.........:D

Loogies

JJ Fan club prez
Reaction score
Louis said:
Luis, welcome aboard, how's 12th feeling right now?

All right rub it in. Seems like ever time I put someone on the bench, they comeback from injury early and tear it up.
JJ ain't exactly getting me any points either.

Loogies

JJ Fan club prez
Reaction score
Hey Bill!

Now we just need JK, Alan, and jw

F-Dog

lurker
Reaction score
Welcome to the new guys. No need to watch out for me--I'm only the second-most-hostile poster on the boards. :D

Suns are favored by 7 tonight, and I like their chances. I think Diaw matches up very well with Camby, and spending a year at PF seems to have toughened up Marion, so he shouldn't have the same problems with Melo that he used to.

The Nuggets had a lot of trouble with the Suns last year, and part of the reason is that their half-court offense is pretty ugly. They usually have trouble scoring if they're not forcing turnovers, so as long as Nash as on the floor, the Nuggets are playing uphill at both ends.

I don't like the Diaw-Marion-KT front line because it puts pressure on all three players to make open perimeter shots (and more pressure on Nash, to make contested perimeter shots). They do seem to match up awfully well with Camby-Melo-Kenyon Martin, though. :shrug:

Should be a good one! :thumbup:

Louis

DJ Roomba
Reaction score
Winning Friends and Influencing the People in My H
Problem is we have been dealing with a lot of hostility in another site and are used to it.

But this place looks pretty good. I've been reading the posts here for a few months.

I've seen some of the other posters at other sites too. SirChaz at spurstalk.com and Treesquid used to post at central.

BillsCarnage, moving out of last if even for a few days has been very relieving to know I am not completely dead weight. Sad when it comes to placing 11th out of 12 and that makes you happy.

OP
OP
Amare32

Amare32

STAT man
Reaction score
which fantasy league are you guys talking about? I've completely lost track of mine. Can't even remember my freaking user ID:bang:

Loogies

JJ Fan club prez
Reaction score
Amare32 said:
which fantasy league are you guys talking about? I've completely lost track of mine. Can't even remember my freaking user ID:bang:

twelve of us from azcentral are doing one on yahoo.

ric and Tap should sign up here as well.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
I didnt realize that my idol was coaching the Nuggets! (See: Below Avatar) :thumbup:

OP
OP
Amare32

Amare32

STAT man
Reaction score
what a half

59-42

KT looking good again, 11 and 9 so far.

Diaw with 13, 1 and 3 so far

:thumbup:

CaptainInsano

Reaction score
What is it about the suns always leading at the end of a quarter by 17??

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
I didn't see the first half, and joined to see that horrible 3rd quarter. All and all - good finish by the Suns - 6 of 7, 5 in a row.

Boris, Nash continues to play well, But lets hear it for KT!!! I see, 16 pts and 16 boards... he is now playing like we thought he would. Can't wait for the big fella...

One more thing... can someone pull Shawn Marion aside and ask him not to take a three unless there isn't a defender within 15 feet and the shot clock is down to 1... otherwise, drive the ball or pass it...

ProdigalSun

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think KT is officially back on track. Great defense for at least 3 quarters and Eddie bailed us out there in the 4th. When that dude is on ..he is just ON. Also...I kept thinking while watching Camby play...how good he would look in a Suns uni...

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Where's the House haters tonight?

*cough*

Elindholm

*cough*

;)

fordronken

Reaction score
WastedFate said:
Where's the House haters tonight?

*cough*

Elindholm

*cough*

;)

Hang on. This wasn't exactly a 30 point night. House played well for a total of about five minutes tonight and then went on to miss a bunch of bad shots. I love Eddie House, and he was incredible for that stretch in the 4th, but I think, if anything, his game tonight validates elindholm's points.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA