Heucrazy

Pretty Prince of Parties
Reaction score
This just keeps getting better and better. :D

February 15, 2008, 3:31 pm
Former Ram, Others, Sue Patriots Over Alleged Videotaping

Posted by Dan Slater
You must be registered for see images attach
Two days after Roger Clemens tesified before Congress about alleged steroid use, allegations of illicit activities in sports stand to tarnish another dynasty.
Lawyers for a former St. Louis Ram, Willie Gary, and others filed a complaint today against the New England Patriots and the Patriots’ coach, Bill Belichick. Here’s a copy of the complaint and a press release from the plaintiffs lawyers. The suit, a putative class action filed in federal court in Louisiana, seeks more than $100 million (that’s not a typo) for alleged “fraudulent videotaping” of the Rams walk-through practice prior to the 2002 Super Bowl. In addition to Gary, the putative plaintiffs are ticket purchasers and the 72,922 attendees of the Super Bowl. Here’s an early story from the Boston Herald.
This suit is based on allegations that a team employee recorded the Rams walk-through practice on the Saturday before Super Bowl XXXVI at the Louisiana Superdome. The Patriots won the game 20-17. Here are earlier NYT stories (here and here) on the imbroglio.
The Patriots and the NFL have said there is no evidence that the 2002 taping occurred

Second Deck

Registered
Reaction score
If what has come out now is true I cannot believe that Goodell did not suspend Belicheck for a season. To me what he did is every bit as bad as what Pacman has done to the game.

Bravo for the lawsuit lets get everything out in the open.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This story is totally screwed up with the cast of characters.

Willie Gary is the attorney, not the player. Cleveland Gary , the player , is his nephew. Willie is the penultimate self aggrandizing ambulance chaser. Total ********.

see his website.

http://www.williegary.com/

Just imagine, Don King with a law degree. That is Willie Gary. His law practice specializes in extortion.

Last edited:

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is an NFL in house problem. Rules were broken within the structure of the NFL. The NFL found out , dished out whta they thought was appropriate fines and punishment. No laws were broken. Nobody outside the NFL should have anthing to do with this especially the government.
I'm guessing there were more than just the PAtriots doing "things" like this and it probably goes on in other sports as well.
When you watch an NFL game and you see coaches hiding their mouth so opposing teams can't read their lips tells me EVERYONE is aware that there is somebody trying to steal your plays or gain an advantage.

Goodell, whether some deem it right or wrong, did the smart thing by putting this thing to bed for good.
The next thing that could have occured is some smuck lawyer or politician implicating what the cost were to the betting world and some class action suit to recover lost bets.

I say good job Roger, over and out.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm not a Pats fan at all. But this is just piling on. This should get tossed like yesterday's garbage.