NOT kicked out for excessive standing by S.A.F.E. - an obnoxious Niners fan

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
So tonight we had a few niners fans in the section, most were cool no big deal. But there was a kid 2 rows in front of us (Section 451, row 2, seat 19 to be exact).

The entire game he was standing, and was constantly being told by the cards fans in front of us to sit down. Finally at one point, he gets lambasted by the Cards fan for not listening, and him and his girlfriend turn around and start screaming at the Cards fan who has been trying to get the guy to sit down ALL NIGHT.

So I thought to myself... well here is a good way to test the SAFE guys to see how they handle things. So I sent the text, with the EXACT section row and seat, and receive the responding text stating that staff is on the way.

So up stroll three bumbling idiots, staring at their phone trying to figure out where the problem is. At this point, the cards fans who were provoked and blocked all night had left.

So what do they do? Turn to section 452 and start asking ALL NINERS fans if there were problems - IN THE WRONG SECTION!

Then, instead of going past row two, they ask some ******* in a DODGERS hat "hey is there a problem"? And then ask ALL THE NINERS FANS in the row if there was a problem.

Meanwhile, I am pointing at the kid, and trying to get their attention, and they are completely ignoring me. I then start to yell, and they literally do NOT respond to me, and don't even make eye contact with me. Even when another girl with them turns around starts yelling at me that it was the Cards fans giving them crap all game (possibly true, I don't know what their conversations were), they still ignore me.

I ask the guy next to me if I am crazy or was the guy standing all game, and he agreed.

S.A.F.E. wouldn't even talk to me or acknowledge me, despite me being the person who reported it, and despite me pointing at the kid from the minute they walked up the stairs.

I am no conspiracy theorist, but now I am starting to believe this is being done at the direction of higher ups in the Cardinals organization.

Between this and the FO's refusal to fix real problems, I am extremely close to not renewing, and buying in for season tickets for Arizona football next year. At least I know for a fact that the university is busting their ass to create a winning program, and doesn't cow tow to visitors. If I am going to spend hours driving to a stadium, I would rather support some kids who deserve it than a bum owner who can't ever seem to get things right.

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
What do the Cardinals have to gain from kicking out Cards fans and not fans of the opposition?

OP
OP
splitsecond

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
FYI I did send the anonymous text, with the EXACT SEAT and exact issues. Nothing was done and they ignored my obvious attempts to speak with them about it. Of course, it is possible I am on some sort of "drunk ******" list for my past behavior.... but I digress.

94niners

Reaction score
I'm sorry, but who the heck sits down at a football game featuring the team that they adore? This is baffling to me.

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but who the heck sits down at a football game featuring the team that they adore? This is baffling to me.

Agree but theres a point where you have to be somewhat curteous so people behind you can see

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
I used to feel the same way, until I brought my kids. When people stand they cannot see the game. My wife can't see either.

I changed my stance on it now. I don't stand anymore unless its a big play.

az240zz

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Agree but theres a point where you have to be somewhat curteous so people behind you can see

Those who so self centered that they think they are above everyone else and can't be courteous to others!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fitz Rulz

Registered
Reaction score
I am in section 114 no-alcohol
some Niners fans were drinking, they were spotted and asked to leave the secion
they went to empty seats in section 113
as soon as SAFE left they went back with their beer to their seats in 114
I reported them to Safe and they knew I was the one
I started getting threats etc.. but fans around me said we got ur back
when the intimidation continued, I talked to SAFE again, he went and talked to them. To my surprise he started shaking hands with them and high fives!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Agreed but check out the other thread of cardinal fans kicked out for standing too much. This thread is to show the staff IS instructed to protect opposing fans at the expense of home fans.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
I am in section 114 no-alcohol
some Niners fans were drinking, they were spotted and asked to leave the secion
they went to empty seats in section 113
as soon as SAFE left they went back with their beer to their seats in 114
I reported them to Safe and they knew I was the one
I started getting threats etc.. but fans around me said we got ur back
when the intimidation continued, I talked to SAFE again, he went and talked to them. To my surprise he started shaking hands with them and high fives!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rolleyes: They NEEDED to talk to you not them. This is why S A F E's agenda is so obvious. They're there to protect the non-Cardinals fans. Like fans from other teams don't get rowdy or obnoxious.!

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I were you I'd email, fax or write them a letter and explain what happened.

If nothing else they need to know what their people are doing. And it does sound like you're right, they think their mission is protect visiting fans from Cardinal games, when it's supposed to be allow fans to enjoy the game, no matter who they're cheering for.

Stuff like that reminds me of the flight I took once where this obnoxious guy wouldn't shut off his phone or laptop on takeoff and delayed us and then was a pain in the butt the whole flight. When we were trying to get off the plane he waits and then blocks the whole aisle to grab his stuff. And some guy behind him with 2 hands shoves him down into his seat and says "you delayed the rest of us enough, sit your azz down."

the whole plane behind the guy was clapping, even the flight attendants were smiling.

94niners

Reaction score
I suppose you guys are right about common courtesy, but unless someone is handicapped or unable to stand, any fan at a football game who doesn't feel compelled to stand up mostly the whole game for his or her team deserves to have his or her ticket revoked and given to a true fan. If you're not a season ticket holder, it's so hard to get a ticket that isn't in the nosebleed section. I feel like the most loyal fans deserve to see their team. After all, the lame duck fans who sit through the experience certainly aren't going to be the ones screaming their heads off to help their team win, giving whatever advantage they can.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I suppose you guys are right about common courtesy, but unless someone is handicapped or unable to stand, any fan at a football game who doesn't feel compelled to stand up mostly the whole game for his or her team deserves to have his or her ticket revoked and given to a true fan. If you're not a season ticket holder, it's so hard to get a ticket that isn't in the nosebleed section. I feel like the most loyal fans deserve to see their team. After all, the lame duck fans who sit through the experience certainly aren't going to be the ones screaming their heads off to help their team win, giving whatever advantage they can.

thats the point, we are being kicked out for standing too much. The prompters around the stadium say stand up and scream and then security kicks you out.

Fitz Rulz

Registered
Reaction score
I got a courtesy call last week from the Cardinals before the MNF.
I told them about the SAFE staff and I made a reference to what was written here couple of week ago home fans being kicked out and the favoritism of visiting fans.
I was told that they got many complaints and they will address them.
seems like a canned reply

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score

Your ignorant then. You can root on your team while sitting. On big plays yes you jump up with excitment. But I don't stand for long because there are people behind me.

My kids are young and can barely see over people that are sitting down let alone standing the entire game.

I have 5 seats, and we scream every play on D, while sitting down.