Not Enough Firepower!

OP
OP
goldseraph

goldseraph

Irrelevance Sucks :(
Reaction score
Wow we won a very early regular season game! I am totally invalidated!
When did I ever say our roster was 'worthless' either, I just said it is not built to contend or to rebuild, so thus we are going nowhere which has not changed because of a meaningless win against the celts.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
When did I ever say our roster was 'worthless' either, I just said it is not built to contend or to rebuild, so thus we are going nowhere which has not changed because of a meaningless win against the celts.

I hate to tell you this homey but like everyone else has already said that team you constructed sucks big time. Wheteher we won in Boston last night or would have gotten blown out by 30+.

A youth movment might ultimately might not be a bad idea but the players you are looking at starting over with are making things even worse.

Why in the heck would anyone trade Nash, Hill, and Jrich for a Corey freaking Brewer and a decent player in Westbrook?

Your seeing something that ain't there or your analysis of players is somehow off. Any team starting Barbosa or Lopez will never win 40 games simple. Thats especially true is the "other" players are Brewer and Westbrook.

Wait a minute - am I taking the time to respond to how good someone's NBA2K team is?

FML

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
Orlando's starters were just as exhausted

I doubt it. They have a much deeper team.

Howard only played 17min the night before because of foul trouble.

Was he "just as exhausted if not more"?

The Suns starters just had a bad game against a good team.

It suck to be on the wrong end of a blowout but it isn't a defining loss.

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
This thread made me laugh in a not-good way...

More offense? Dudley embarrassing?

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This thread made me laugh in a not-good way...

More offense? Dudley embarrassing?

Yeah, I didn't know what to make of that either. Is it bad to play with passion? I like his attitude. I hope he continues to be "embarrassing".

OP
OP
goldseraph

goldseraph

Reaction score
Apparently this wasnt a good time to start this thread as everyone is on a high following our good start and wants to defend the Suns suddenly. We'll see where you are all at when we finish 9th or 10th in conference, or go out in the first round. Those are the two possibilities. Dudley is OK but he does make embarassing plays, he's like that guy at the YMCA that isn't that good or athletic, but plays really hard. It's nice to have him on the team but he does spazzy, stupid things too, and I saw him shoot an airball 3 against Orlando, and another ill advised jack-up that barely hit rim, in addition to a few stupid turnovers. I am not saying he is worthless, I already said he is a nice role player off the bench, no better than an average guy that gets 10-15 mins a game, and worse than a lot of them.

As for laughing at more offense, I said we need more offense or REBUILD which is the better option. The reason we need more firepower if we want to contend now is because we have ZERO defense and therefore we must win by outscoring teams badly. I think we have too many marginal offensive players like Dudley, Amundson, Lopez, Dragic, Clark who are getting minutes to be good enough on offense to go anywhere in the playoffs. Our past teams were an example of having zero defense but having enough offense to outscore people and make them play our fast breaking game. I think now our roster is in a wierd middle ground of scorers, mediocre hustle/defensive guys who aren't good on offense, and young unproven players.

Lastly, regarding my 2k10 lineup, I don't get it the hate. Apparently you guys haven't seen the Thunder much. Westbrook is already a top 10 pg in the league whose ceiling is top 5 pg in the league. He also is an excellent defender and athletic, two things Nash is not. He also is over 10 yrs younger, so not sure how that team is a downgrade. A core of Westbrook, Barbs, Brewer, Amare, Clark and spare parts would actually have a shot in the next 10 yrs unlike now.

Last edited:

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Meaningless? These game count just as much as any other in the regular season.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

That's kind of funny since you made this thread after a very early(and lone) regular season loss.

Westbrook is good though he turns the ball over a ton and isn't the focus of his teams offense. Brewer is horrible and is still living off his NCAA rep as a good defender. You complain about a team that may be one and done in the playoffs, yet your proposed line-up would require a rookie and 2nd year player reaching superstar status along with Amare returning to form to be anything more than a borderline playoff team for the next decade.

Suns likely won't make a deep playoff push this year but now is not the right time to make wholesale changes since they lack draft picks to do a real rebuild. Better to try and remain competetive and see if they can position themselves for a big FA signing.

OP
OP
goldseraph

goldseraph

Reaction score
Meaningless? These game count just as much as any other in the regular season.

yes in the long run it is pretty meaningless. ie we are a one and done or non-playoff team win or lose that game.

RE: Brewer sucking - he had 13 pts, 3 rebs, 3 assists, 2 stls, 1 blck, and 2 3-pointers made last night in a game where the team only scored 72.

He's averaging 13 pts, 5 rebs, 3 assists, 2.5 stls, 1 block for the year, is still only 23 and is 6'9" and a good defender. I'm not saying he is going to be an allstar but he should develop into a very solid starting SF or at least a very good role player off the bench.

Last edited:

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He's averaging 13 pts, 5 rebs, 3 assists, 2.5 stls, 1 block for the year, is still only 23 and is 6'9" and a good defender. I'm not saying he is going to be an allstar but he should develop into a very solid starting SF or at least a very good role player off the bench.

13 ppg is nice but not when shooting sub 37%. 5 reb doesn't seem like a lot for a SF and I'd bet anyone the Suns have played at SF this year has a higher rebounding rate. 3 apg is good but gets undone from
2+ TOpg.

I'll admit I haven't seen a lot of Wolves games other than when they've played the Suns but despite his steals I just don't see him as a good defender. Or atleast I've never seen him shut down or hinder anyone. Looking at his PER seems to back that up.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
yes in the long run it is pretty meaningless. ie we are a one and done or non-playoff team win or lose that game.

RE: Brewer sucking - he had 13 pts, 3 rebs, 3 assists, 2 stls, 1 blck, and 2 3-pointers made last night in a game where the team only scored 72.

If you had given up before the season started, why are you even bothering to post?

It's really sad how miserable some people are on this board. Even after we win a few games. We go on a losing streak and there should be a suicide watch.

I understand not liking Kerr and Sarver, but geez, I hope some of these people have something nice outside of this message board.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I wouldn't call the current bench miles better. It's deeper for sure but the team lacks the interior D KT and to some extent Diaw gave and when Jones was on a hot streak they seemed to blow everyone out.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I would have rather tuned in this year to see Dragic,Barbosa,(FA Dahntay Jones)Duds,Barnes,Clark,Lou, Amare(FA Zasa Pachulia) & Shaq play ball in a different system than SSOL.....
I'd of asked Amare and Barbosa to try & go get 50 every night and coach 'em all to learn to love defense and build upon that foundation. I even think that Gentry could be that HC.

Pipe dreaming, this is what we've got so i'd better get used to it or.....**** i suppose.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Neither would I. The bench is miles better, for the reasons I mentioned. By the way, that was Jumaine Jones, the other JJ (not to be confused with Jim Jackson or Joe Johnson) was gone by then. Its primarily coaching that makes this bench more effective.

James Jones was traded on draft night '07 with the rights to Rudy Fernandez. KT was traded one month later, so I think it is you who is confused. Coaching or no coaching, that team had interior defense that the current group lacks and was a top 3 team in the league.

cly2tw

Reaction score
James Jones was traded on draft night '07 with the rights to Rudy Fernandez. KT was traded one month later, so I think it is you who is confused. Coaching or no coaching, that team had interior defense that the current group lacks and was a top 3 team in the league.

Right, KT and Hill never played on the Suns together. 06/07 we started Diaw at PF, I believe. Had we played KT at C before it's too late starting from the 2nd game against the Spurs, we might have won the title that year!:mad:

krazyasiankid

Registered
Reaction score
Who cares. We're winning at the moment. How about you let the GM and his advisors do his job, be a fan, and stop grumbling?

asudevil83

Reaction score
That's kind of funny since you made this thread after a very early(and lone) regular season loss.

Westbrook is good though he turns the ball over a ton and isn't the focus of his teams offense. Brewer is horrible and is still living off his NCAA rep as a good defender. You complain about a team that may be one and done in the playoffs, yet your proposed line-up would require a rookie and 2nd year player reaching superstar status along with Amare returning to form to be anything more than a borderline playoff team for the next decade.

Suns likely won't make a deep playoff push this year but now is not the right time to make wholesale changes since they lack draft picks to do a real rebuild. Better to try and remain competetive and see if they can position themselves for a big FA signing.

i'd like to second this right here.

its a little hypocritical of yourself to start a thread just after a bad performance, and then after a win against the celtics sarcastically post that you are "invalidated" by a meaningless win.

so, bad games are thread worthy, while good wins are meaningless?

OP
OP
goldseraph

goldseraph

Reaction score
how many times do I have to say it had nothing to do with the loss to the Magic overall, it just was a game that exemplified how bigger, deeper, defensive teams are going to handle us easily when it counts, and that our roster is not really built to contend in any kind of slow it down defensive game. Either we need a team with the firepower to shred even good defensive teams, and force them to play OUR game, or we should have a more balanced style to reflect our roster, which isn't strong enough to impose its style on someone when it matters.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
how many times do I have to say it had nothing to do with the loss to the Magic overall, it just was a game that exemplified how bigger, deeper, defensive teams are going to handle us easily when it counts, and that our roster is not really built to contend in any kind of slow it down defensive game. Either we need a team with the firepower to shred even good defensive teams, and force them to play OUR game, or we should have a more balanced style to reflect our roster, which isn't strong enough to impose its style on someone when it matters.

You mean like the Boston Celtics?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave