Nostalgia Time

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Remember when you could watch Bowl games and try to pick who the Cards might draft? Well, forget it. 90% of the real prospects are opting out. I suspect we’ll next see players leaving there teams before the season ends, especially if they’re out of the Championship hunt. They can sign up with a Combine prep company. Lest you think NILs will prevent this, I’m guessing players will think if they can increase their draft slot by a rung or two they‘ll more than compensate for the NIL money. Besides their leverage may be so great the NIL group just accepts these changes. Finally if a player says his back hurts he can still cease playing. Add in the players leaving early and you have to wonder about the health of college football and it’s minor league status.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
Transfer portal (while I get it) also makes it difficult to really track a players growth and development due to not being familiar with teammates and system. These kids are still learning the game and techniques. Example - WR transfers and seemingly runs the wrong routes or has poor timing with the QB. Most likely because the rapport he developed with his old QB is completely different and now needs to be tweaked to adjust to his new QB.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The college football scene is becoming a farce. NIL and the transfer portal have created a free agency type of frenzy. I also can't imagine USC and UCLA now being in the Big Ten. How can anyone get attached to their local team??