Northern Rescue (Netflix)

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
Anyone watching this? I’m still trying to decide if I like this show or not, but either way I'll keep watching. I like the characters, and the dramas within the family are intriguing, yet at times I feel like I'm watching a Lifetime movie for kids.

After the mother dies, the family moves from Boston north on a very long drive to the town of Turtle Bay, but who knows where the hell that is (Canada?). All of the teenage girls dress in the shortest of shorts at all times, even to school, so I keep thinking they must get pretty damn cold in such a northern climate. Due to odd circumstances they end up living in an abandoned aquarium and therefore inherit a pet Penguin (who must be potty trained as there is never a sight of Penguin poop). The Dad runs a Search and Rescue team and each episode features a "rescue' scene that is always predictable and filmed very clumsily. And I must say William Baldwin just looks weird to me.

But even with all that, I'm oddly entertained by the show and will watch all 10 episodes.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson