• Pink Floyd

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • The Beatles

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Sorry, but these are your only choices. They are the Tier 1 bands and each have something which separates them from the Tier 2 & 3 groups like Metallica, Eagles, Chicago, Black Sabbath, Nirvana, Band, Kinks, Hendrix Experience, U-2, GunsNRoses, Bee Gees, Abba, or whoever.

OP
OP
SissyBoyFloyd

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
The following is just 1 man's opinion, who happened to grow up at the beginning of what we call R&R.

I couldn't separate 2 as far as their greatness, for different reasons really. So I had to edit the thread to include more than 1 choice. I could have left it as 1 choice, The Beatles, but that just seemed too obvious, and possibly simpleminded.

I grew up through the Beatles, and unless you did, you could never have the complete feel and understanding of their entire greatness. They had to be chosen for their originality, creativeness, variety, style, and sound. They defined a culture, influenced a generation, and shaped a world.

Zeppelin was simply the best in-your-face rock musicians ever, individually and otherwise. They are the Beatles in different form and substance. R&R stripped away of pretense and glamour, perfected to the extreme.

The Beatles united the world in their music, all ages and styles. Through them, R&R became an art form that all could appreciate and emulate forever.

Zeppelin took us at light speed into rock's ultimate dimension, quickly reaching the boundaries of the observable musical universe. Rock's ultimate journey, beginning in the 50's, reached its pinnacle in the 70's with Zeppelin. Since LED Zeppelin, rock has become what seems like nothing more than one long cover song.

Last edited:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Using that list, it has to be the Beatles.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The poll won't let me pick the three that I feel are an eyelash's width apart so I present you: Led Fleatles.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose